Pukki reveals his favourite moments as a Canaries player so far
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City star Teemu Pukki has been reflecting on the highlights of his first season in the Premier League, revealing the “special goal” which has given him the most satisfaction.
The striker’s superb 2018-19 debut City season, when he scored 36 goals in 56 games for club and country, continued into this campaign as he won the Premier League Player of the Month for August after five goals in four games.
European Championship qualification was sealed in October and the 30-year-old had a total of 18 goals in 36 matches for club and country prior to English football’s suspension on March 13 due to the coronavirus pandemic.
The Finn’s 41 goals for the Canaries since joining in 2018 has already moved him to 33rd in the club’s all-time top scorers and it was a spectacular volley during the 3-1 home win at the start of this season which he chose as his best so far.
Asked his favourite goal for City so far, Pukki said: “There’s been a couple of last-minute winners from last season, like Millwall and Bolton, and then the Newcastle goal I think has been the most beautiful goal for my Norwich career. It’s hard to say just one goal.
You may also want to watch:
“My actual feeling after the first goal against Newcastle was probably ‘did that go in? How did I score that goal?’.
“That was a pretty special goal for me, not the sort of goal I’m used to scoring.”
MORE: Right call to move the Euros for GOATSpeaking in a Q&A on City’s official Instagram account, Pukki was asked for his favourite memory so far during his Norwich career, and said: “My favourite moment as a Norwich player must be last year, going up and the parade the day after, it was an amazing feeling, to see so many fans around Norwich. It was a really nice day.
- 1 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 2 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 3 PRESSER LIVE: City v Watford - Hanley, Pukki, Cantwell injury doubts
- 4 'I am really happy here' - City star Buendia not worried about speculation
- 5 'Good riddance' - Norwich fans react to European Super League plans
- 6 'Big Six' join European Super League 24 hours after City's promotion
- 7 Six things you might have missed after City's promotion party
- 8 'I rate him. He's a fantastic player' - Farke open to Skipp return
- 9 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 10 'A wonderful season' - Praise pours in for City from legends and pundits
“When we moved here to Norwich I really had no idea what the city was like or how it was living here but I’ve been enjoying my two years here.
“The city is nice and people are friendly so it’s been easy.”
And his favourite moment of this season overall? There was little surprise, having been the man to slot the crucial third goal as the Canaries pulled off a shock 3-2 win over reigning champions Manchester City at Carrow Road in September.
He added: “The atmosphere and to get three points against Man City was just an unbelievable moment for us and a big, big moment for me.”