Purling seals win for Bungay
Bungay Town Ladies 3, Huntingdon Town Ladies 1
On the back of a superb result against second-placed Norwich Reserves last week, Bungay looked to continue building on good form against bottom team Huntingdon.
However due to injuries and un availability, the reshuffle around meant that Bungay took a long while to get going and although Huntingdon never really threatened the Bungay goal, they started the more brightly of the two sides.
In traditional Bungay fashion the girls clawed their way back into the game and a Michelle Stanborough cross from the right found the approaching Bronwyn Elsden who was able to calmly finish.
Bungay really began to take control of the game but were unable to capatalise on the pressure they were having, until Amber Rowland stepped up from left midfield to produce a good finish across the Huntingdon goalkeeper.
You may also want to watch:
Huntingdon started brightly in the second half but the condensed midfield made it difficult for either team to strong a number of passes together and on occasions both teams were guilty of not using their wings to their advantage.
Huntingdon did pull a goal back but the game was settled from a great run from Lauren Purling at left-back was not tracked and she was able to create enough space for herself to slot the ball past the goalkeeper.
- 1 Hot property Maddison adds up for City
- 2 Canaries not pursuing young Exeter winger linked to Celtic
- 3 WINDOW WATCH: The latest Canaries transfer news and views
- 4 Should Canaries fans be concerned about slow transfer market?
- 5 City title winner Xavi attracting interest
- 6 Ex-Canaries striker seals Championship move
- 7 'Excellent professional' - Former City winger joins League One side
- 8 'I know he gets a little bit of stick' - Scots' chief defends Hanley
- 9 'Dreams do come true' - City star buzzing for Liverpool opener
- 10 City confirm date for Liverpool Premier League opener
Player of the match: Imogen Williams.