QPR's Cook in City link
The summer rumour mill started in earnest today with the Canaries finding themselves linked to Queen's Park Rangers winger Lee Cook. The 23-year-old did himself every favour with his sharp strike in Easter Monday's clash at Carrow Road.
The summer rumour mill started in earnest today with the Canaries finding themselves linked to Queen's Park Rangers winger Lee Cook.
The 23-year-old did himself every favour with his sharp strike in Easter Monday's clash at Carrow Road. Stand-in boss Gary Waddock admits if will be powerless to stop Cook going if either the Canaries, Sheffield United or Wolves do indeed come a-calling.
“I will not want to let him go because he is a quality player,” said Waddock. “But we all know the financial situation of the football club and if a big offer does come in for Lee Cook then money does talk.”
Whether a left-sided midfielder is actually Nigel Worthington's first priority this summer is, however, open to doubt.
You may also want to watch:
For most - Canary management included - the No1 requirement is likely to be a no-nonsense, strapping centre-forward in the Steve Howard-mould with a right-sided midfielder not too far behind.
With both Darren Huckerby and Paul McVeigh able to fill that left-wing role, Worthington's interests may lie elsewhere.
- 1 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 2 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 3 PRESSER LIVE: City v Watford - Hanley, Pukki, Cantwell injury doubts
- 4 'Blown away' - Gibson reveals how City wooed him for Premier League push
- 5 'I rate him. He's a fantastic player' - Farke open to Skipp return
- 6 'Good riddance' - Norwich fans react to European Super League plans
- 7 City lose Giannoulis appeal; three-game ban stands
- 8 Pressure on Hornets for title-hunting City
- 9 City players greeted by special messages from fan groups
- 10 MY TOP FIVE: The crucial moments of City's promotion success