QPR v Norwich City - Player ratings
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Player ratings for both QPR and Norwich City following their Premier League clash.
• Norwich City:
8 Mark Bunn: Superb penalty save after he was adjudged to have fouled Jamie Mackie. Blinding late stop from Andros Townsend.
6 Russell Martin: Defensively sound. Counter-attacking influence grew as the game became more stretched.
7 Michael Turner: Solid at the heart of the City backline. Bizarre caution for heading the ball against Mackie.
You may also want to watch:
7 Sebastien Bassong: Fine anticipation on numerous occasions to head clear inside his own penalty box.
6 Javier Garrido: Very productive supply line before the interval from wide areas. Arguably left Mark Bunn exposed for the penalty.
- 1 Soto's loan at Telstar ends as City close on work permit for USA striker
- 2 Norwich City transfer rumours: Buendia 'talks' over summer Arsenal move
- 3 PRESSER LIVE: Barnsley v Norwich City - McLean tests positive for Covid-19
- 4 'Best team in the division' - Bristol boss hails City's stylish success
- 5 Iwan Roberts: Hugill showed he truly belongs at Norwich City
- 6 'I didn't know if I'd make it' - City academy product ends over 1,000 days of injury woe
- 7 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 8 Dowell hoping to make more happy FA Cup memories with Canaries
- 9 Patience a virtue for City striker after injury had threatened his Premier League pursuit
- 10 'We are looking to win the next game' - Barnsley boss on Norwich FA Cup visit
6 Alex Tettey: Forceful when required. Yellow-card for his prodigious efforts; particularly pivotal in the final quarter.
6 Bradley Johnson: Tested Julio Cesar from range in the second period. Broke up play well in tandem with Tettey.
7 Robert Snodgrass: One or two decent sighters in the first period. Great spot for Wes Hoolahan in the second period. Tireless.
7 Wes Hoolahan: Foiled by Cesar after being picked out by Robert Snodgrass. Always on the move offering an outlet.
5 Anthony Pilkington: Little chance to impress before withdrawn with a hamstring injury that will scupper his international plans short-term.
6 Grant Holt: Not one but two formidable physical barriers to overcome. One second half snapshot before reinforcements arrived.
Subs: Elliott Bennett (for Pilkington) 6, Luciano Becchio (for Hoolahan) 5
7 Julio Cesar: One excellent stop to deny Wes Hoolahan. Also equal to Bradley Johnson and Robert Snodgrass’ best efforts.
6 Fabio: Good tussle with Elliott Bennett. Over-ran a touch when City raided down his flank.
7 Christopher Samba: Big player at a big price tag. City more or less nullified him from set pieces at the opposite end, but a presence.
6 Clint Hill: Looked far more assured alongside his new centre-back partner. City never exposed his lack of pace.
6 Armand Traore: Lost the battle to Snodgrass in their personal duel. Sporadic attacking threat.
6 Shaun Wright-Phillips: Led the counter once or twice but nowhere near the marauding weapon from the corresponding fixture.
6 Shaun Derry: Disciplined shift in front of QPR’s back four.
6 Stephane M’bia: Relished the struggle in that congested midfield battleground with Norwich’s two holding players.
7 Andros Townsend: Goalbound strike brilliantly saved by Mark Bunn. Bundle of youthful energy and invention.
6 Adel Taarabt: As so often, flattered to deceive. Looked in the mood early on but faded after a bright start.
6 Jamie Mackie: Workhorse up front. His desire earned QPR the penalty, but offered minimal attacking threat.
Subs: Bobby Zamora (for Wright-Phillips) 6, Jermaine Jenas (for M’bia) 6, Tal Ben Haim (for Fabio) 5