Quebec clinch the top flight honours
Ben Casey A Dave Matthews goal deep into stoppage time ensured a point and the Premier League title for Quebec Rovers as they came from 3-1 down to draw at Poringland Wanderers.
A Dave Matthews goal deep into stoppage time ensured a point and the Premier League title for Quebec Rovers as they came from 3-1 down to draw at Poringland Wanderers.
Goals by Josh Farrow, Matt Elwin and Chris Reynolds had put the home side in front, but Adam Brock and another from Matthews replied for the visitors.
The league's decision that any division not completed will be decided by average points, means the title will go to the Norwich-based side.
You may also want to watch:
I saw the game that would decide the runners-up spot between Wymondham Rangers and AFC Wanderers. AFC were hit by injuries, so veteran Jason Bush had to select himself to play, but alas, despite a spirited performance, he could not prevent his side from going down 3-1. Speller, Wells and Freemantle scored for Wymondham whilst Aaron Kay replied for the visitors. Costessey Sports have taken the Division 1B title, once again due to the average points system. They had a 2-1 victory over Prince of Denmark as nearest rivals Earlham Utd went down 2-0 at Sprowston Wanderers
In 2A, Norman Wanderers A completed their season with a 3-1 victory at Deopham, whilst goals by Lee Rayner and Matthew Watson gave Plasterers Arms a 2-1 win against Acle Wanderers for whom Jason Barber scored.
- 1 Canaries closing in on new shirt sponsor
- 2 Norwich City transfer rumours: Leverkusen are main rival for Celtic star
- 3 City target Chelsea’s Scotland star Billy Gilmour
- 4 City not pursuing Holland winger linked as summer target
- 5 Promotion winning former City defender retires
- 6 No regrets just life lessons for City old boy
- 7 Q&A: Assessing City's Premier League prospects with Dave and Connor
- 8 NCFC survey: Let us know your transfer views and top targets
- 9 City can cut it in the Premier League for Morris
- 10 A quiet night for Pukki as Finland fail to finish in the top two of Euro2020 group
Division 3B champions Bayer finished the season in style when they demolished AFC Rompers 10-1.
Wayne Nelson was amongst the scorers, grabbing his 42nd of the season and maintaining his record of scoring in every league game this season - a brilliant achievement.
The battle for the runners-up spot saw Taverham Utd and Sporting Farmhouse meet in what was regarded as the “decider”.
Second spot went to United after a 5-0 win. Constitution finished their first season in the league with a 4-2 victory over Spixworth Sunday Res and 4b runners-up Freethorpe completed a successful season with a 2-1 win at Salhouse Res.