‘Cannot knock the acquisitions we’re making’ - Quintilla loan adds to high hopes of City fans
- Credit: Norwich City FC
The loan arrival of Villarreal left-back Xavi Quintilla has continued to build the hopes of Norwich City fans about the Championship season ahead, as the Canaries continue making quick progress in their rebuild.
Quintilla’s season-long switch came less than 24 hours after the announcement of England Under-21 midfielder Oliver Skipp signing on loan from Tottenham ahead of the 2020-21 campaign.
It also followed loan exits for midfielder Louis Thompson and left-back Philip Heise, to MK Dons and Karlsruher respectively, on a busy day of transfer movement.
City sporting director Stuart Webber and head coach Daniel Farke are wasting no time in refreshing their squad following a thoroughly disappointing Premier League relegation.
While there have been no major exits yet, the loans of Quintilla and Skipp takes the number of signings during the summer transfer window to nine so far - with January signings Melvin Sitti and Sam McCallum also returning from loan stays at Sochaux and Coventry.
You may also want to watch:
- Take a look at some of the best of the Twitter reaction to the signing of Quintilla above and below
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Hornets frustrate City in title tussle
- 2 City ace Krul reflects on Premier League interest
- 3 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 defeat against Watford
- 4 'Blown away' - Gibson reveals how City wooed him for Premier League push
- 5 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Watford defeat
- 6 Farke laments 'average' City display in Watford defeat
- 7 City lose Giannoulis appeal; three-game ban stands
- 8 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 9 Norwich City v Watford: everything you need to know
- 10 QPR forced to deny manager is leaving ahead of City clash