‘Cannot knock the acquisitions we’re making’ - Quintilla loan adds to high hopes of City fans
- Credit: Norwich City FC
The loan arrival of Villarreal left-back Xavi Quintilla has continued to build the hopes of Norwich City fans about the Championship season ahead, as the Canaries continue making quick progress in their rebuild.
Quintilla’s season-long switch came less than 24 hours after the announcement of England Under-21 midfielder Oliver Skipp signing on loan from Tottenham ahead of the 2020-21 campaign.
It also followed loan exits for midfielder Louis Thompson and left-back Philip Heise, to MK Dons and Karlsruher respectively, on a busy day of transfer movement.
City sporting director Stuart Webber and head coach Daniel Farke are wasting no time in refreshing their squad following a thoroughly disappointing Premier League relegation.
While there have been no major exits yet, the loans of Quintilla and Skipp takes the number of signings during the summer transfer window to nine so far - with January signings Melvin Sitti and Sam McCallum also returning from loan stays at Sochaux and Coventry.
You may also want to watch:
- Take a look at some of the best of the Twitter reaction to the signing of Quintilla above and below
- 1 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Bristol City - Pukki still out, Krul set to return
- 2 City confirm Dimitris Giannoulis deal
- 3 Buendia to Arsenal. Forget it, says City boss Farke
- 4 City legend details Webber conversation before sporting director appointment
- 5 PROFILE: Raw determination and loan education helped City's incoming left-back emerge at PAOK
- 6 Bullish Robins' boss pledges to mix it with Canaries
- 7 The Greek view on Norwich City new boy Dimitris Giannoulis
- 8 Spurs loanee Skipp is a centre-back's dream, according to City skipper
- 9 Cherries lose more ground on Canaries in promotion race
- 10 'Our own Heracles at left-back' - City fans delighted as Giannoulis completes loan move