Raggett nets for Pompey in crucial League One promotion fixture
- Credit: James Wilson/Focus Images Ltd
Sean Raggett continues to impress during his loan spell with League One promotion chasers Portsmouth, and netted the equalising goal in Pompey’s 2-2 draw with Fleetwood Town last night.
The 26-year-old has flourished at Fratton Park after a slow start to life on the south coast and has cemented his place in the starting XI.
Kenny Jackett's men are chasing a return to the Championship, and currently sit in fourth, just two points from the automatic promotion places.
Harry Souttar's own goal put Pompey in the lead in the second half, before the Scottish defender netted at the right end just seven minutes later.
Raggett has played 25 times for Pompey this season, scoring twice. His contract with the Canaries expires in the summer - although City do possess a one-year option on him.
You may also want to watch:
'I saw him put the ball back in and I just had to gamble - I was either going to get my head on it or be absolutely munched by their defenders. It felt good as soon as I made contact and I knew the keeper was off his line a little bit, so luckily it looped over him,' he told the club's official website.
- 1 'He has all the attributes" - Former coach backs Giannoulis to succeed at City
- 2 City keeper issues injury update
- 3 City Q&A recap: What does Giannoulis signing mean for Quintilla?
- 4 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 5 Six things you might have missed after Norwich City's victory in Cardiff
- 6 Canaries captain hails 'outstanding' display from Hugill
- 7 'Best team in the league' - Harris raves about Canaries
- 8 Matt Howman: Do you want Norwich City to be in the Premier League
- 9 'My journey has been life-changing' - Cantwell reflects on three years since his City debut
- 10 Young City winger completes permanent Harrogate Town move