Rangers battle to fine victory
Gorleston Rangers Ladies 2, Mulbarton Belles 1
Gorleston Rangers Ladies team was formed this season and play in Norwich Division Two.
Last week they played Mulbarton Belles who were joint top. This was a very well-contested game from both sets of players who showed why they play the game.
Mulbarton took the lead, then Gorleston levelled through Sasha with a good strike and Amy made some superb saves to deny Mulbarton.
The game was looking like it was heading for a draw until, about a minute from time, Betty went on a surging run and tucked away with great composure to win the game 2-1.
You may also want to watch:
Well done to both sets of players who all played their part in this match and thanks to the Gorleston linesman who helped out.
The club’s Steve Dent club said: “Team player and manager Katherine is a credit to football - she put the team together and they are now playing in Norwich Division Two.
- 1 Webber believes City will be better prepared for top flight if promotion can be secured
- 2 Casualty list at City is one for the fiction writers
- 3 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Coventry City - Krul out three weeks; Pukki out this weekend
- 4 Late McCracken penalty save ensures City U23s draw with Burnley
- 5 Former City keeper signs for Coventry ahead of Carrow Road clash
- 6 Farke's take on Krul and Pukki body blows
- 7 Main man Tettey has still got it
- 8 Get behind McGovern urges Farke
- 9 STARTING XIs: Three changes and very young bench for injury-hit City against Coventry
- 10 Matchday Live: City trying to extend unbeaten run to 10 games as they face Coventry
“They have been very commited and they have so far played four games, won three and drawn one, which is very good.
“Let’s all remember Katherine needs support on match days so let’s all pull together and keep enjoying football.”