Rangers or City for Fotheringham?
CHRIS LAKEY The transfer window closes on Wednesday and Peter Grant needs reinforcements, although the latest name - Mark Fotheringham - to be linked with a move to Carrow Road might just prefer Rangers to Norwich.
The transfer window closes on Wednesday and Grant needs reinforcements, although the latest name - Mark Fotheringham - to be linked with a move to Carrow Road might just prefer Rangers to Norwich.
Grant has reportedly offered the 23-year-old a two-year deal at City, but the midfielder is training with Rangers - and Aberdeen and Hibs are also interested.
Fotheringham - who quit Swiss side Aarau last week in the hope of rekindling his international career - began his career at Celtic beforer moving to Dundee and then Freiburg in Germany.
You may also want to watch:
His agent, Charlie Duddy, said: “Mark has the offer of a two-year contract at Norwich and a host of other clubs are interested.
“There's strong interest from Scotland and England and we'll assess all our options before making any decision.”
- 1 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Premier League-bound Canaries' 3-1 defeat against Bournemouth
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 3-1 Bournemouth defeat
- 4 Farke savours sweet Premier League promotion after rollercoaster ride
- 5 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 6 City players and fans celebrate promotion on social media
- 7 'Amazing' - Buendia hails City's special promotion achievement
- 8 Paddy Davitt verdict: I'll have a P please City
- 9 'A wonderful season' - Praise pours in for City from legends and pundits
- 10 Norwich City fans gather at Carrow Road to celebrate promotion
Grant didn't attempt to hide his interest in the free agent.
“He is a terrific player, a great skilful player with wonderful ability, there is no doubt about that,” Grant said. “He went to Germany and did very well there and then went to Switzerland for a while and played exceptionally well and wants to come back to Britain.
“Unfortunately, Rangers are in there first, but I have obviously spoken to the boy, he is very, very keen to come to Norwich. But Rangers are a massive club and if he gets the chance to go there maybe that's the chance he will take. But he knows I am interested so we will see how things go on from here.”