Any positives in defeat? Rate the Canaries players following Carrow Road loss to Wolves
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Did any of the Norwich City players emerge with credit from last night’s chastening 2-0 defeat Championship promotion hopefuls Wolverhampton Wanderers last night?
Daniel Farke’s weary side were over-run by a classy Wolves side at Carrow Road, losing a second home game in the space of four days.
Wolves survived Marley Watkins hitting the post with a header for the Canaries early on to take the lead in the 18th minute when Willy Boly headed home a corner from close range.
With the rigours of their recent nine-game unbeaten run again looking to have caught up with the hosts, Leo Bonatini doubled the visitors’ lead in the 72nd minute with a thumping low shot.
With former City favourites John Ruddy and Ryan Bennett both making returns since their summer exits, Nuno Espirito Santo’s expensively assembled squad reclaimed top spot in the Championship table.
You may also want to watch:
After a third successive defeat, Farke now has to rally his troops for a trip to Bolton on Saturday ahead of the break.
• Let us know your ratings above
- 1 Could Canaries benefit from Chelsea appointing Tuchel?
- 2 Former Arsenal and Norwich midfielder set to sign for Saints
- 3 Soto's striker instinct is clear - now he needs to prove it at Norwich City
- 4 Arsenal end chase in City star with Real Madrid signing
- 5 Paddy Davitt: City's bold call and the status quo
- 6 'He's been great for me' - Hanley grateful to Farke for making him a better player
- 7 Norwich City star tipped to reject move to Tottenham
- 8 'Lots to learn ' - Busy spell continues as City striker makes Swindon debut
- 9 The story of Alex Neil and Jordan Hugill's trainers
- 10 'You just want more' - McLean settled at City and focused on top-flight return