Any positives in defeat? Rate the Canaries players following Carrow Road loss to Wolves
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Did any of the Norwich City players emerge with credit from last night’s chastening 2-0 defeat Championship promotion hopefuls Wolverhampton Wanderers last night?
Daniel Farke’s weary side were over-run by a classy Wolves side at Carrow Road, losing a second home game in the space of four days.
Wolves survived Marley Watkins hitting the post with a header for the Canaries early on to take the lead in the 18th minute when Willy Boly headed home a corner from close range.
With the rigours of their recent nine-game unbeaten run again looking to have caught up with the hosts, Leo Bonatini doubled the visitors’ lead in the 72nd minute with a thumping low shot.
With former City favourites John Ruddy and Ryan Bennett both making returns since their summer exits, Nuno Espirito Santo’s expensively assembled squad reclaimed top spot in the Championship table.
You may also want to watch:
After a third successive defeat, Farke now has to rally his troops for a trip to Bolton on Saturday ahead of the break.
• Let us know your ratings above
- 1 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 2 'A wonderful season' - Praise pours in for City from legends and pundits
- 3 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 4 'I am really happy here' - City star Buendia not worried about speculation
- 5 Paddy Davitt verdict: I'll have a P please City
- 6 'Big Six' join European Super League 24 hours after City's promotion
- 7 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 8 PRESSER LIVE: City v Watford - Hanley, Pukki, Cantwell injury doubts
- 9 'Good riddance' - Norwich fans react to European Super League plans
- 10 Six things you might have missed after City's promotion party