Any positives in defeat? Rate the Canaries players following Carrow Road loss to Wolves
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Did any of the Norwich City players emerge with credit from last night’s chastening 2-0 defeat Championship promotion hopefuls Wolverhampton Wanderers last night?
Daniel Farke’s weary side were over-run by a classy Wolves side at Carrow Road, losing a second home game in the space of four days.
Wolves survived Marley Watkins hitting the post with a header for the Canaries early on to take the lead in the 18th minute when Willy Boly headed home a corner from close range.
With the rigours of their recent nine-game unbeaten run again looking to have caught up with the hosts, Leo Bonatini doubled the visitors’ lead in the 72nd minute with a thumping low shot.
With former City favourites John Ruddy and Ryan Bennett both making returns since their summer exits, Nuno Espirito Santo’s expensively assembled squad reclaimed top spot in the Championship table.
You may also want to watch:
After a third successive defeat, Farke now has to rally his troops for a trip to Bolton on Saturday ahead of the break.
• Let us know your ratings above
- 1 'I rate him as the best midfield player in the league' - Warnock hails former City star
- 2 Fans return: 2,000 supporters WILL be permitted to attend matches at Carrow Road as Norwich placed in Tier 2
- 3 Farke fears Krul out for weeks
- 4 ‘Norwich is a cracking club’ - Warnock explains why Boro couldn’t sign Gibson
- 5 Blows for Hugill, McLean and Cantwell as injury crisis deepens for City ahead of trip to Stoke
- 6 Excitement mounts ahead of proposed return for Norwich City at Luton
- 7 Connor Southwell: There's plenty to admire about Norwich City's response to relegation
- 8 'We complement each other quite nicely' - Gibson on growing partnership with Hanley
- 9 Former City midfielder Holt resigns as Livingston boss
- 10 'A crazy few weeks' - City star on Barcelona transfer links