Rate the performances of Norwich City’s players in Carabao Cup first round win over Swindon Town
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Which of the Norwich City players impressed during tonight’s Carabao Cup win over Swindon? Here’s the chance to deliver your verdict.
City fell behind in head coach Daniel Farke’s first competitive Carrow Road fixture when Robins skipper Olly Lancashire nodded home a free-kick in the 25th minute.
The lead didn’t last long though as Maddison squeezed a low pass through to Cameron Jerome less than two minutes later, with the striker firing home his first goal of the season from 10 yards.
It then became a story of master and apprentice as the experienced Wes Hoolahan was teed up by Maddison to lash into the top-left corner in the 39th minute. The Irishman then returned the favour and set up 20-year-old Maddison, who fired low across the keeper from 12 yards to put the hosts in the driving seat.
More poor defensive work from a free-kick saw Paul Mullin head home in the 62nd minute to give the Robins hope and Angus Gunn had to make three fine saves to steer City into the second round, the draw for which is made on Thursday night.
You may also want to watch:
Rate the players above
• Follow post-match updates from Carrow Road in our Matchday Live blog at pinkun.com/live
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Dowell stunner puts City on cusp of promotion
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' spirited 1-0 Championship win against Derby County
- 3 Premier League here we come for City chief Farke
- 4 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 5 Farke makes a pact with City squad
- 6 'Our only concern' - Farke reveals City's promotion roadmap
- 7 Farke on Canaries records, Rooney and respecting the Rams
- 8 City boss too busy to worry about his contract at the moment
- 9 Spud Thornhill: Early days, but can City break that promotion record?
- 10 Dowell the difference at Derby as City close on promotion