Rate the performances of Norwich City’s players in Carabao Cup first round win over Swindon Town
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Which of the Norwich City players impressed during tonight’s Carabao Cup win over Swindon? Here’s the chance to deliver your verdict.
City fell behind in head coach Daniel Farke’s first competitive Carrow Road fixture when Robins skipper Olly Lancashire nodded home a free-kick in the 25th minute.
The lead didn’t last long though as Maddison squeezed a low pass through to Cameron Jerome less than two minutes later, with the striker firing home his first goal of the season from 10 yards.
It then became a story of master and apprentice as the experienced Wes Hoolahan was teed up by Maddison to lash into the top-left corner in the 39th minute. The Irishman then returned the favour and set up 20-year-old Maddison, who fired low across the keeper from 12 yards to put the hosts in the driving seat.
More poor defensive work from a free-kick saw Paul Mullin head home in the 62nd minute to give the Robins hope and Angus Gunn had to make three fine saves to steer City into the second round, the draw for which is made on Thursday night.
You may also want to watch:
Rate the players above
• Follow post-match updates from Carrow Road in our Matchday Live blog at pinkun.com/live
- 1 Canaries closing in on new shirt sponsor
- 2 Norwich City transfer rumours: Leverkusen are main rival for Celtic star
- 3 City target Chelsea’s Scotland star Billy Gilmour
- 4 City not pursuing Holland winger linked as summer target
- 5 Promotion winning former City defender retires
- 6 No regrets just life lessons for City old boy
- 7 Q&A: Assessing City's Premier League prospects with Dave and Connor
- 8 NCFC survey: Let us know your transfer views and top targets
- 9 City can cut it in the Premier League for Morris
- 10 A quiet night for Pukki as Finland fail to finish in the top two of Euro2020 group