Rate the performances of Norwich City’s players in Carabao Cup first round win over Swindon Town
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Which of the Norwich City players impressed during tonight’s Carabao Cup win over Swindon? Here’s the chance to deliver your verdict.
City fell behind in head coach Daniel Farke’s first competitive Carrow Road fixture when Robins skipper Olly Lancashire nodded home a free-kick in the 25th minute.
The lead didn’t last long though as Maddison squeezed a low pass through to Cameron Jerome less than two minutes later, with the striker firing home his first goal of the season from 10 yards.
It then became a story of master and apprentice as the experienced Wes Hoolahan was teed up by Maddison to lash into the top-left corner in the 39th minute. The Irishman then returned the favour and set up 20-year-old Maddison, who fired low across the keeper from 12 yards to put the hosts in the driving seat.
More poor defensive work from a free-kick saw Paul Mullin head home in the 62nd minute to give the Robins hope and Angus Gunn had to make three fine saves to steer City into the second round, the draw for which is made on Thursday night.
You may also want to watch:
Rate the players above
• Follow post-match updates from Carrow Road in our Matchday Live blog at pinkun.com/live
- 1 'He has all the attributes" - Former coach backs Giannoulis to succeed at City
- 2 City keeper issues injury update
- 3 City Q&A recap: What does Giannoulis signing mean for Quintilla?
- 4 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 5 Six things you might have missed after Norwich City's victory in Cardiff
- 6 Canaries captain hails 'outstanding' display from Hugill
- 7 'Best team in the league' - Harris raves about Canaries
- 8 Matt Howman: Do you want Norwich City to be in the Premier League
- 9 'My journey has been life-changing' - Cantwell reflects on three years since his City debut
- 10 Young City winger completes permanent Harrogate Town move