Rate the performances of the Norwich City players during Carabao Cup second round victory over Charlton Athletic
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City ensured their name will go into the hat for the Carabao Cup third round draw on Thursday with a 4-1 win over Charlton Athletic.
The League One side had shocked Carrow Road by taking the lead in just the fifth minute after loose play from Steven Naismith allowed Lee Novak to thump the visitors in front.
Norwich City 4 Charlton 1 match report: Josh Murphy inspires Canaries’ League Cup win
Josh Murphy then lashed City level with a low shot from the edge of the box in the 21st minute but the Addicks continued to frustrate Daniel Farke’s team, with the head coach making six changes to his starting line-up following Saturday’s 4-2 Championship loss at Aston Villa.
Murphy then bundled through before striking City in front in the 52nd, with his third goal in two games, and Marley Watkins fired the Canaries 3-1 up in the 74th minute before debutant Tom Trybull put the icing on the cake in front of a crowd of over 12,000.
City now go into Thursday’s draw, being held in China at the farcical time of 4.15am (UK time).
You may also want to watch:
Rate the performances of the Canaries players above
• Follow post-match reaction and analysis in our Matchday Live blog at pinkun.com/live
- 1 Canaries not pursuing Spurs defender; Billing latest
- 2 City release 2021/22 squad numbers
- 3 Norwich City issue face masks advice to fans
- 4 Norwich City transfer rumours: Talks held with United full-back
- 5 City boss raises the bar ahead of Carrow Road return
- 6 Canaries visit a matter of pride for Gills boss
- 7 City recruitment chief to join Boro
- 8 Balance of risk and reward for Norwich legend at Swansea
- 9 Get ready for 'new, improved' VAR, City fans
- 10 Canaries' Q&A - with Paddy Davitt and Dave Freezer