Rate the performances of the Norwich City players during superb 1-0 win at Middlesbrough
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City have stretched their unbeaten run to six matches with a 1-0 win at Middlesbrough and here is your chance to rate the performances of the Canaries players during that excellent victory.
Battling their way to a third successive away victory in all competitions, winning 1-0 at the Riverside thanks to a James Maddison stunner extended a rejuvenating unbeaten run to six matches.
The Canaries got the all important goal in the 13th minute after Marley Watkins worked hard to keep alive James Husband’s ball forward and passed infield to Maddison, who shaped a wonderful shot into the top-right corner from 20 yards.
Britt Assombalonga missed several opportunities to trouble Angus Gunn, none more so than when heading straight at the keeper in the 72nd minute after Cyrus Christie had picked him out with a fine cross, with Christoph Zimmermann having cleared a header from the striker off the line in the first half as well.
City then survived a nervy finish to keep a fifth league clean sheet in a row, their first at Boro since April 1976 and a first win on Teesside since 1988.
You may also want to watch:
Rate the players above
- 1 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 2 Paddy Davitt verdict: Relentless City operating on a different level
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-1 Cardiff win
- 4 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 5 'My journey has been life-changing' - Cantwell reflects on three years since his City debut
- 6 Hugill stepped up when Norwich City needed him with determined display at Cardiff
- 7 Watch extended highlights of Norwich City's win at Cardiff
- 8 Six things you might have missed after Norwich City's victory in Cardiff
- 9 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-1 Championship win against Cardiff City
- 10 'We need to pull our weight' - City skipper relieved to end his goal drought