Reaction: Ipswich Town chief Ian Milne scored ‘mother of all own goals’ when casting doubt on Norwich City’s new structure
- Credit: Archant
The hot button topic among Norwich City fans today has been the comments from Ipswich Town managing director Ian Milne, casting doubt on the Canaries new managerial structure.
In the wake of Jez Moxey’s departure as chief executive, the Canaries restructured their business, appointing Steve Stone as managing director to work alongside sporting director Stuart Webber, who arrived from Huddersfield.
New head coach Daniel Farke will report directly to Webber but Milne believes there should only be one leader taking decisions on the football operations and still thinks he has the right man in Mick McCarthy to bring success back to Portman Road.
“It’s interesting what’s going on at Norwich,” said Milne. “They’ve gone for a sporting director and a head coach, but I think there can only be one captain of the ship – the manager.
“They are trying that route and it’s clearly worked at some clubs, but not at the majority.
“We’re going to see more younger, foreign managers, like the (David) Wagners, but we believe in what we are doing here. We think it works well and it’s proven to have worked well in the not too distant past.
You may also want to watch:
“Good managers do not grow on trees. We see that with so many of the managerial appointments that haven’t worked for clubs.”
See reaction from Norwich and Ipswich fans above.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Dowell stunner puts City on cusp of promotion
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' spirited 1-0 Championship win against Derby County
- 3 Premier League here we come for City chief Farke
- 4 Farke makes a pact with City squad
- 5 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 6 'Our only concern' - Farke reveals City's promotion roadmap
- 7 Farke on Canaries records, Rooney and respecting the Rams
- 8 City boss too busy to worry about his contract at the moment
- 9 Spud Thornhill: Early days, but can City break that promotion record?
- 10 Dowell the difference at Derby as City close on promotion