Reaction: Ipswich Town chief Ian Milne scored ‘mother of all own goals’ when casting doubt on Norwich City’s new structure
- Credit: Archant
The hot button topic among Norwich City fans today has been the comments from Ipswich Town managing director Ian Milne, casting doubt on the Canaries new managerial structure.
In the wake of Jez Moxey’s departure as chief executive, the Canaries restructured their business, appointing Steve Stone as managing director to work alongside sporting director Stuart Webber, who arrived from Huddersfield.
New head coach Daniel Farke will report directly to Webber but Milne believes there should only be one leader taking decisions on the football operations and still thinks he has the right man in Mick McCarthy to bring success back to Portman Road.
“It’s interesting what’s going on at Norwich,” said Milne. “They’ve gone for a sporting director and a head coach, but I think there can only be one captain of the ship – the manager.
“They are trying that route and it’s clearly worked at some clubs, but not at the majority.
“We’re going to see more younger, foreign managers, like the (David) Wagners, but we believe in what we are doing here. We think it works well and it’s proven to have worked well in the not too distant past.
You may also want to watch:
“Good managers do not grow on trees. We see that with so many of the managerial appointments that haven’t worked for clubs.”
See reaction from Norwich and Ipswich fans above.
- 1 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 2 City Q&A - with Paddy Davitt
- 3 Gill recalls 'surreal' derby Day encounter
- 4 Former City coach explains why he joined Ipswich Town
- 5 David Freezer: Perfect transfer strategy key to City's self-funded survival model
- 6 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries keen on Cherries ace
- 7 City ace left out of Euro 2020 opener
- 8 Ex-Norwich striker signs for Carlisle United
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: Leeds also interested in Gunn
- 10 A-Z: Time for a clear-out at Burnley?