“Really don’t like the draw being at stupid o’clock” – Norwich City fans react to news of Carabao Cup third round trip to Brentford
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
There was news of a trip to Brentford in the third round of the Carabao Cup to digest with breakfast for Norwich City fans this morning.
Daniel Farke’s side will travel to Griffin Park in the week commencing Monday, September 18, which means the tie is likely to be played on the evening of Tuesday, September 19 – although that is yet to be confirmed.
It means a clash with a fellow Championship side, giving both hope of a glamour tie in the last 16 if they emerge victorious.
The strange 4.15am timing of the draw was the main discussion point for fans across the country though, with the EFL moving to explain the reasons behind the draw being held in China ahead of the draw.
Brentford have made a sluggish start to the season despite strengthening their squad which finished 10th in the Championship last season, picking up one point from their four league games.
You may also want to watch:
Take a look at some of the morning’s main discussion points above.
- 1 Soto's loan at Telstar ends as City close on work permit for USA striker
- 2 'Best team in the division' - Bristol boss hails City's stylish success
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-0 Bristol City win
- 4 LOAN WATCH: Success for Heise and recognition for Adshead
- 6 Iwan Roberts: Hugill showed he truly belongs at Norwich City
- 7 Hugill thrilled with brace and determined to help keep City on track
- 8 'Great header' - Hugill's goal earns seal of approval from Holt
- 9 'We are looking to win the next game' - Barnsley boss on Norwich FA Cup visit
- 10 Watch extended highlights of the Canaries' 2-0 win over Bristol City