“Really don’t like the draw being at stupid o’clock” – Norwich City fans react to news of Carabao Cup third round trip to Brentford
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
There was news of a trip to Brentford in the third round of the Carabao Cup to digest with breakfast for Norwich City fans this morning.
Daniel Farke’s side will travel to Griffin Park in the week commencing Monday, September 18, which means the tie is likely to be played on the evening of Tuesday, September 19 – although that is yet to be confirmed.
It means a clash with a fellow Championship side, giving both hope of a glamour tie in the last 16 if they emerge victorious.
The strange 4.15am timing of the draw was the main discussion point for fans across the country though, with the EFL moving to explain the reasons behind the draw being held in China ahead of the draw.
Brentford have made a sluggish start to the season despite strengthening their squad which finished 10th in the Championship last season, picking up one point from their four league games.
You may also want to watch:
Take a look at some of the morning’s main discussion points above.
- 1 Aarons suffers shin injury
- 2 Thankless task for makeshift striker Marco in Coventry draw
- 3 'I am not injured. I'm just no longer wanted' - Drmic makes his case
- 4 Paddy Davitt: City player ratings against Sky Blues
- 5 Six things you might have missed after City suffered late heartbreak to draw with Coventry
- 6 Farke admits injury crisis is 'surreal'
- 7 Paddy Davitt verdict: Farke and the City curse
- 8 Former City midfielder heads Down Under
- 9 IN FULL: Norwich City's unprecedented injury list
- 10 Norwich City kick-off times changed due to TV coverage