“Really don’t like the draw being at stupid o’clock” – Norwich City fans react to news of Carabao Cup third round trip to Brentford
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
There was news of a trip to Brentford in the third round of the Carabao Cup to digest with breakfast for Norwich City fans this morning.
Daniel Farke’s side will travel to Griffin Park in the week commencing Monday, September 18, which means the tie is likely to be played on the evening of Tuesday, September 19 – although that is yet to be confirmed.
It means a clash with a fellow Championship side, giving both hope of a glamour tie in the last 16 if they emerge victorious.
The strange 4.15am timing of the draw was the main discussion point for fans across the country though, with the EFL moving to explain the reasons behind the draw being held in China ahead of the draw.
Brentford have made a sluggish start to the season despite strengthening their squad which finished 10th in the Championship last season, picking up one point from their four league games.
You may also want to watch:
Take a look at some of the morning’s main discussion points above.
- 1 'I wanted to bring Norwich back' - Emi reveals why he stayed at City
- 2 PRESSER LIVE: City v Bournemouth - Emi fit, Rupp out for the season
- 3 Frankfurt speculation just the start of uncertain period for City boss
- 4 Farke's personal message to City fans
- 5 City boss has found his job 'even harder' than title-winning season
- 6 Iwan Roberts: My one regret over Canaries' 2004 promotion
- 7 'Bring it on', says Bournemouth boss
- 8 Former City coach leaves England U21 post
- 9 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 10 'We want to correct what happened' - City ace on top-flight aims