Record-breaking day for Hethersett’s Hannah
Hethersett Ladies Hearts 6, Mulbarton Belles 1
Hethersett Ladies Hearts opened their Norfolk Women’s League campaign with a comfortable 6-1 win against neighbours Mulbarton Belles.
It was a record-breaking day for Hethersett’s Hannah Waters who broke the club’s all-time scoring record.
Her five goals took her total for the club to 189, surpassing the 185 goals of Scott Allen. It is only a matter of time before Hannah becomes the first club player to score 200.
Hethersett are only running one ladies’ team this season, having pulled out of the Eastern Region Women’s League due to cost and travelling distances involved:
You may also want to watch:
“Our Hearts team will be made up of players who have been with the club for some time and talented players from last year’s Under-16s,” said club chairman Peter Steward.
Sunday saw five players, including three from last years Under-16s, making their club senior debuts. Hethersett played some excellent football in the first half and were 4-0 up at half-time. Hethersett’s other goal came from Sophie Rock – her first at senior level.
- 1 Former Norwich City chief set for Hibs
- 2 Canaries' ace Billy Gilmour belts out karaoke classic in city
- 3 Canaries Q&A: City prepare for Coventry and Sheffield United
- 4 Connor Southwell: Norwich City's stability starts with Delia
- 5 Norwich City loan watch: Ahadme on target again for Pompey
- 6 Norwich City transfer rumours: Reported target set to snub Canaries
- 7 City will have away fans at Sheffield United
- 8 'A great guy' - Tributes to much-loved City fan who travelled home and away
- 9 Norwich City Under-23s to play some matches at The Walks
- 10 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game