Record-breaking day for Hethersett’s Hannah
Hethersett Ladies Hearts 6, Mulbarton Belles 1
Hethersett Ladies Hearts opened their Norfolk Women’s League campaign with a comfortable 6-1 win against neighbours Mulbarton Belles.
It was a record-breaking day for Hethersett’s Hannah Waters who broke the club’s all-time scoring record.
Her five goals took her total for the club to 189, surpassing the 185 goals of Scott Allen. It is only a matter of time before Hannah becomes the first club player to score 200.
Hethersett are only running one ladies’ team this season, having pulled out of the Eastern Region Women’s League due to cost and travelling distances involved:
You may also want to watch:
“Our Hearts team will be made up of players who have been with the club for some time and talented players from last year’s Under-16s,” said club chairman Peter Steward.
Sunday saw five players, including three from last years Under-16s, making their club senior debuts. Hethersett played some excellent football in the first half and were 4-0 up at half-time. Hethersett’s other goal came from Sophie Rock – her first at senior level.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Dowell stunner puts City on cusp of promotion
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' spirited 1-0 Championship win against Derby County
- 3 Premier League here we come for City chief Farke
- 4 Farke makes a pact with City squad
- 5 'Our only concern' - Farke reveals City's promotion roadmap
- 6 City boss too busy to worry about his contract at the moment
- 7 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 8 Farke on Canaries records, Rooney and respecting the Rams
- 9 Stiepermann opens up about health problems
- 10 Spud Thornhill: Early days, but can City break that promotion record?