Record-breaking day for Hethersett’s Hannah
Hethersett Ladies Hearts 6, Mulbarton Belles 1
Hethersett Ladies Hearts opened their Norfolk Women’s League campaign with a comfortable 6-1 win against neighbours Mulbarton Belles.
It was a record-breaking day for Hethersett’s Hannah Waters who broke the club’s all-time scoring record.
Her five goals took her total for the club to 189, surpassing the 185 goals of Scott Allen. It is only a matter of time before Hannah becomes the first club player to score 200.
Hethersett are only running one ladies’ team this season, having pulled out of the Eastern Region Women’s League due to cost and travelling distances involved:
You may also want to watch:
“Our Hearts team will be made up of players who have been with the club for some time and talented players from last year’s Under-16s,” said club chairman Peter Steward.
Sunday saw five players, including three from last years Under-16s, making their club senior debuts. Hethersett played some excellent football in the first half and were 4-0 up at half-time. Hethersett’s other goal came from Sophie Rock – her first at senior level.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Huge goals for Hugill as City create daylight at the top
- 2 Farke maps out his risk averse strategy on Pukki and Krul
- 3 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-0 Championship cruise against Bristol City
- 4 The Greek view on Norwich City new boy Dimitris Giannoulis
- 5 Cherries lose more ground on Canaries in promotion race
- 6 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Bristol City - Pukki still out, Krul set to return
- 7 STARTING XIs: Krul returns for Canaries against Bristol City
- 8 Hot Hugill caps a season's best display for City boss
- 9 Farke is not looking over his shoulder at City
- 10 Norwich City v Bristol City - all you need to know