Record-breaking season ticket figures for Norwich City
Norwich City have announced record-breaking season ticket renewals for the 2010-11 campaign. More than 18,500 supporters renewed their tickets for next season by the first deadline which passed last Saturday.
Norwich City have announced record-breaking season ticket renewals for the 2010-11 campaign.
More than 18,500 supporters renewed their tickets for next season by the first deadline which passed last Saturday.
This beats the previous first deadline record of 18,460 set in March 2008 and is more than 1,500 higher than the number who had signed up by this point last season.
Norwich City chief executive David McNally told the club's official website: "These figures are nothing short of astonishing when you consider we are currently in the third tier of English football for the first time in 50 years.
You may also want to watch:
"Our supporters are magnificent and their loyalty and passion for their club means we will once again have full houses at Carrow Road next season to give their tremendous backing to Paul Lambert and the players."
City manager Lambert said: "I've said it before, the support here is phenomenal. The two things that matter most are the fans and the players and it's fantastic so many have already signed up for next season. The supporters can make all the difference for us and their backing has been really, really great this season, home and away."
- 1 Farke reveals Tzolis' 'punishment' for penalty gaffe
- 2 PRESSER: Everton v City - Rashica a doubt; Normann and Sargent fit
- 3 Iwan Roberts: Don't blame formations for Norwich City's poor form
- 4 Derby County struggles vindicate Norwich approach for Farke
- 5 Canaries keeper sent out on loan
- 6 City star pencils in Anthony Joshua night out after Everton clash
- 7 So where's Norwich City's next point coming from?
- 8 Godfrey had out-grown City's Championship quest
- 9 Reader letter: How Roy Hodgson can save Norwich City
- 10 'There's more to come' - Gilmour reflects on start to life at Norwich
The next deadline for those still seeking to renew their tickets is April 10, the last chance for fans to book their seat at a discounted rate. The final deadline for season ticket renewals is May 15.
t Norwich City's average gates so far this season of 24,630 are 1.1 per cent up on the numbers who attended games at Carrow Road during the last Premiership season in 2004-05 (24,354).