Reeve follows Setchell to Wisbech
Wisbech boss Steve Taylor is closing in on two more players for the Ridgeons Premier club after signing Swaffham defender Anthony Reeve. Reeve, a 24-year-old centre-back, is the second player to join from the Pedlars in as many weeks player/assistant manager Gary Setchell's arrival.
Wisbech boss Steve Taylor is closing in on two more players for the Ridgeons Premier club after signing Swaffham defender Anthony Reeve.
Reeve, a 24-year-old centre-back, is the second player to join from the Pedlars in as many weeks player/assistant manager Gary Setchell's arrival.
Taylor said: “Anthony's a complete defender. He's a big, strong, athletic lad with a lot of pace. He's a good footballer as well - he's not just a brick-wall stopper. I see him as a good replacement for Paul Cousins, but I think he's even better player than Cousi and he can go on to play at a higher level. I tried to sign Anthony last season when I was Haverhill manager but he suffered some injury problems.”
Taylor revealed that attacker Josh Kamea and versatile midfielder Mark Abbs have been at Wisbech's pre-season training. Kamea, from Peterborough, has previously played for Yaxley and Shepsford Diamonds. Taylor signed Abbs for Haverhill last season but he only played one game after suffering an ankle injury. He has also previously played for Newmarket Town and Fulbourn.
You may also want to watch:
Taylor said: “Josh has looked very good in training - he's quick and skilful - but I want to see him play in a couple of friendly matches before I make a decision on him. I know Mark's a good player and he can play in the centre of midfield or out wide, so I'm hoping to sign him soon.”
Taylor confirmed captain Lee Day is the only player from last season's squad he is waiting to re-sign for the club. Day has been unable to train due to injury but is expected to sign.
- 1 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Premier League-bound Canaries' 3-1 defeat against Bournemouth
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 3-1 Bournemouth defeat
- 4 'A wonderful season' - Praise pours in for City from legends and pundits
- 5 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 6 Paddy Davitt verdict: I'll have a P please City
- 7 'Amazing' - Buendia hails City's special promotion achievement
- 8 City players and fans celebrate promotion on social media
- 9 Farke savours sweet Premier League promotion after rollercoaster ride
- 10 'Big Six' join European Super League 24 hours after City's promotion