Reeves shines in Dereham win
Dereham 2, Histon Reserves 1Youth team striker Kenny Reeves was included in the Dereham starting line-up and he nearly opened the scoring.In the 18th minute he headed a Craig Terrington cross over the top when well placed.
Dereham 2, Histon Reserves 1
Youth team striker Kenny Reeves was included in the Dereham starting line-up and he nearly opened the scoring.
In the 18th minute he headed a Craig Terrington cross over the top when well placed.
Reeves came within inches of netting again the 37th minute when, after exchanging passes with Danny Beaumont, he saw his lob hacked off the line by defender Rio Brian-Edwards
You may also want to watch:
Histon opened the scoring with their first real chance of the game in the 42nd minute when Daniel Sparkes nodded home Samuel Mason-Smith's cross from the right to give the Stutes an interval lead.
In the 52nd minute Beaumont struck the visitors' crossbar direct from a flag kick
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries set to make January bid for Aberdeen star
- 2 Why leaving Brighton was the ‘best decision’ of City midfielder’s career
- 3 TEAM NEWS: Normann and Cantwell fit for City's battle with Brighton
- 4 'They need to step up' - City legend wants more from summer signings
- 5 'They're fighting' - Brighton boss believes City will find first win soon
- 6 Iwan Roberts: Jet-setting Canaries have never had it so good!
- 7 Farke is sure 'baller' Gilmour will make his impact at City
- 8 Norwich City accept police invite to help tackle online racism
- 9 Ian Clarke: I'd absolutely love it if Norwich City can stick it to the critics
- 10 Should Gilmour start for City against Seagulls?
Beaumont then had a low drive saved by Knight following a positive run by Ollie Willis before the same player scored the equaliser in the 67th minute after the strikers' initial blistering shot had rattled the Histon bar. He fired home following a goalmoth mel�e from 12 yards.
The lively Beaumont then drilled a left-foot shot narrowly wide as Dereham began to get on top.
Reeves nearly capped a fine performance with a goal in the 82nd minute when his 20-yard drive whistled past the post.
However, Dereham scored the winner from their next attack when Nicky Howell fired home from close range following Beaumont's cross from the left.
Knight then made another fine low save to deny Reeves a deserved goal.