Reeves shines in Dereham win
Dereham 2, Histon Reserves 1Youth team striker Kenny Reeves was included in the Dereham starting line-up and he nearly opened the scoring.In the 18th minute he headed a Craig Terrington cross over the top when well placed.
Dereham 2, Histon Reserves 1
Youth team striker Kenny Reeves was included in the Dereham starting line-up and he nearly opened the scoring.
In the 18th minute he headed a Craig Terrington cross over the top when well placed.
Reeves came within inches of netting again the 37th minute when, after exchanging passes with Danny Beaumont, he saw his lob hacked off the line by defender Rio Brian-Edwards
You may also want to watch:
Histon opened the scoring with their first real chance of the game in the 42nd minute when Daniel Sparkes nodded home Samuel Mason-Smith's cross from the right to give the Stutes an interval lead.
In the 52nd minute Beaumont struck the visitors' crossbar direct from a flag kick
- 1 Ex-City star Murphy boosts hopes of new deal
- 2 Former City loanee set for new deal at Borussia Dortmund
- 3 'I don't want the season to end' - City ace hitting top form
- 4 Candid Cantwell opens up on struggles during 'whirlwind' summer
- 5 Six things you might have missed after City's win at Derby
- 6 City defender likened to a 'young Rio Ferdinand'
- 7 City Q&A: One down. One to go
- 8 'You get relegated playing the Norwich way' - Old boy Bruce on Magpies' sorry plight
- 9 Record-breaking week continues for Canaries
- 10 Paddy Davitt verdict: Wazza and City's great leap forward
Beaumont then had a low drive saved by Knight following a positive run by Ollie Willis before the same player scored the equaliser in the 67th minute after the strikers' initial blistering shot had rattled the Histon bar. He fired home following a goalmoth mel�e from 12 yards.
The lively Beaumont then drilled a left-foot shot narrowly wide as Dereham began to get on top.
Reeves nearly capped a fine performance with a goal in the 82nd minute when his 20-yard drive whistled past the post.
However, Dereham scored the winner from their next attack when Nicky Howell fired home from close range following Beaumont's cross from the left.
Knight then made another fine low save to deny Reeves a deserved goal.