Remaining season tickets snapped up
The Canaries' successful August has seen the last of the Carrow Road season tickets snapped up by optimistic fans - and the waiting list is growing again.
City fans have been pipped to the title of the Football League's loudest crowd - by East Anglian rivals Colchester United.
Coca-Cola Championship newcomers Colchester have won the Real Football Roar award, a League initiative that used sound meters to measure crowd noise levels at each of its 72 clubs during the first month of the new season.
The U's supporters held off stiff competition from the Canaries, who were runners-up, to register the loudest roar of 128.3 decibels as players took the field for the game against Derby County at Layer Road.
Typical readings for various sounds include 150 decibels for a jet engine at 30 metres, 130 for a civil defence siren at 33.3m and
You may also want to watch:
120 for a train horn at 1m.
James Tingay, marketing manager at Cirrus Research, said: “The results overall suggest that a large attendance in a large ground is not necessarily required to create the loudest crowd noise, and smaller crowds are also capable of generating high levels of noise in compact grounds where fans are close to the pitch. Colchester fans have demonstrated this with the fantastic atmosphere they produced.”
- 1 Farke's dilemma with City prodigies
- 2 Candid Cantwell opens up on struggles during 'whirlwind' summer
- 3 Dowell pledge from City boss
- 4 Lee Payne: Bruce has got it wrong over Norwich City and Premier League
- 5 Robbie Savage: 'Never mind Stuart Webber, it's all down to me'
- 6 Police interviews and faulty planes - the inside track on Onel's Cuba bow
- 7 City defender likened to a 'young Rio Ferdinand'
- 8 Ex-City star Murphy boosts hopes of new deal
- 9 Former City loanee set for new deal at Borussia Dortmund
- 10 Local lad tag weighs heavy on Cantwell's shoulders
Real Football Roar top five: 1 Colchester United, 2 Norwich City, 3 Carlisle United, 4 Crewe Alexandra, 5 Bristol Rovers.