Reports from Wymondham area

HHethersett Athletic U15 visited Watton and got back to winning ways with a 4-2 victory.

Both sides squandered chances with goalkeepers in good form and the woodwork being brought into the action on a number of occasions. The turning point came at 2-2 when Hethersett saved a penalty. Hethersett scored twice in the last five minutes to take the points. Ben Smith was on target twice and other goals came from Tom Caulder and Scott Grimes.

Hethersett Athletic U15 Girls got back to winning ways with a 7-1 victory over Red Rose. Sophie Rock hit five and Beth Evans two.

Hethersett Athletic U13 went down 4-1 at Lakeford, their goal from Ashley Gray.

Hethersett Athletic U11 battled well against a very strong Fakenham team but were well beaten 16-0. Despite some heavy defeats this season the youngsters are a credit to the club, never giving up.

Hethersett Athletic U10 visited Firside and came away with a 1-0 win with Luke Richards scoring.

Hethersett Athletic U9 went down 2-1 at home to Poringland, with their goal being scored by Will Foster.

Most Read

WYMONDHAM U9 took part in a thunderous draw at Diss. Excellent defending by James Carter, Sam Hartley and Adam Day frustrated the home team with Elliott Henderson always available to relieve pressure. Michael Russell made the most of the wide pitch, constantly troubling the defenders, but it was not until the second half that the game really took off. Joe Mower hit the side-netting following some effective wide play and Euan Stevenson forced a good save. Wymondham then went for the winner with Matthew Carter and Ben Holding pressurising the defence. A superb volley late on from Joe caused their keeper to pull off a brilliant save to keep the scores level.

ATTLEBOROUGH U15 played hosts to Cromer for a league game, rescheduled from last year because of snow. Rob Sweet put Boro ahead but Cromer get the equaliser from a comical 30-yard shot that looked to be going safely over the bar until a strong gust of wind held up the ball and forced it to drop in under the bar behind Ben Moore in goal. Manager’s MoM: Jordan Sacharczuk, for a good match in defence.

HETHERSETT U11 were well beaten by a strong Fakenham side who are pushing for promotion. New signing Oliver Barrett had a good game in the centre of midfield and Oli Hudson Church was MoM. The final score was 16-0 but Hethersett kept battling to the end and the boys are a credit to the club February PoM: Oli Hudson Church.

HETHERSETT U10 travelled to Firside to try and put the previous week’s disappointing result behind them. Hethersett started brightly trying to play football and using the width of Luke and Cam. Firside then started to come into the game and Ben K and Kieran were defending well. Ryan also making some good confident saves. From a corner a Firside player handled the ball, Ben L struck the penalty well but it rattled the bar. Within three minutes Hethersett went 1-0 up. From a Firside corner Ben K played it to Cam who used his speed and played a lovely ball across the goal to Luke at the far post who put it in the bottom corner. In the second half Firside hitting the bar twice and one shot was cleared off the line. A lovely move saw Cam playing the ball to Max who laid it back to Luke who struck the ball well but the keeper saved. Aiden had a couple of half-chances that just went wide. Hethersett defended well as a team right up until the final whistle.