Review of the Gorleston County 5IVES winter season 2013
The 2013 winter season is now entering its last couple of weeks at most of the County 5IVES centres across Norfolk, with a slight delay being caused by the adverse weather conditions experienced in January and February causing some games to be postponed.
However, out on the east coast, our Thursday night league at Lynn Grove High School has reached its conclusion after yet another exciting season.
The Premiership was convincingly won by ‘Gorleston Albion’, with the chief protagonist being Liam Butler who notched 17 goals. ‘Smack My Pitch Up’ had to settle for the runners up berth this time around, which may have caused some disappointing for them as they had won the Premiership for each of the three seasons played in 2012. Albion won 11 games in total, drawing the remainder of their 14 league games, to emerge as worthy winners this time around.
In the Championship ‘Anydanger AFC’ won all 14 of their league games, registering an impressive 60 goals in the process (26 of which came from Scott Woodcock). They beat second placed ‘Blush International’ 4-3 in the final game of the season, with the Harman brothers (Reece and Reggie) doing the business with two goals apiece.
Both of these teams will be promoted into the Premiership next season and they should easily hold their own in that division. A mention also to ‘Bayer Neverlusen’, who performed very consistently and just missed out on runners up spot on goal difference, after an excellent season for Connor Lawson’s side.
You may also want to watch:
In League One ‘Unreal Madrid’ won the league, again not losing a game and only dropping six points all season. Like Scott Woodcock of ‘Anydanger AFC’, Jason Thompson of ‘Unreal Madrid’ claimed an impressive haul of 26 goals, but from just 11 appearances.
The experienced ‘BS Topsoil’ finished runners up, showing their class under the guidance of ex-Norwich City professional Andy Hart, and both sides should again be able to cope with the step up next season.
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Buendia 'talks' over summer Arsenal move
- 2 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 3 PRESSER LIVE: Barnsley v Norwich City - McLean tests positive for Covid-19
- 4 Farke's words of advice for Soto
- 5 'I didn't know if I'd make it' - City academy product ends over 1,000 days of injury woe
- 6 Dowell hoping to make more happy FA Cup memories with Canaries
- 7 Soto's loan at Telstar ends as City close on work permit for USA striker
- 8 Patience a virtue for City striker after injury had threatened his Premier League pursuit
- 9 February fixture changes for Canaries
- 10 Iwan Roberts: Hugill showed he truly belongs at Norwich City
• FDC Summer Leagues
The 2013 Summer Leagues at the FDC are fast approaching with Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday leagues all set to start the week commencing 13 May, and Monday leagues starting the week after.
We are now accepting registrations from new teams to join these leagues, as we look to get more teams to join the 140+ that already currently play at the centre.
We also run two ladies leagues and a business specific league; giving new teams even further choice.
To enter a 5-a-side or 7-a-side team at the centre is simple; either call 01603 748944 and speak to a member of staff or email County5IVES@NorfolkFA.com and we can register you for a league of your choosing for the 2013 summer season.