Ridgeons round-up: Planters rise
The only Norfolk side to win in the Premier Division on Saturday was Norwich United who returned from Wivenhoe with a 3-0 win.First-half goals from Matty Robinson and Jordan Blyth together with a late strike from Lee Hunter gave the Planters victory and saw them rise three places in the table to ninth, leapfrogging rivals Wroxham on the way.
The only Norfolk side to win in the Premier Division on Saturday was Norwich United who returned from Wivenhoe with a 3-0 win.
First-half goals from Matty Robinson and Jordan Blyth together with a late strike from Lee Hunter gave the Planters victory and saw them rise three places in the table to ninth, leapfrogging rivals Wroxham on the way.
A mid-table clash between Wroxham and Walsham-le-Willows at Trafford Park ended up honours even, 1-1 so the Suffolk side stay one place above the Yachtsmen.
It was 0-0 at half-time then Wroxham netted when a cross from the right was met perfectly by Danny White to head home but they were caught by a sucker punch in the 88th minute as a player was brought down in the area and Andrew Cusack converted the spot-kick and give Walsham a share of the spoils.
You may also want to watch:
Dereham Town travelled to Hadleigh and lost 2-1. The Magpies dominated the first half and went into a fifth-minute lead with Nicky Howell side-footing Robbie Harris' cross in from the left.
They then had a strong penalty appeal turned down and didn't add to their tally in the first half and were made to pay in the second half.
- 1 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 0-0 draw against Brighton
- 2 'A gem. A manager's dream' - Onel in Warnock's good books
- 3 Paddy Davitt verdict: Farke and his roll of the dice at City
- 4 City earn respect from Seagulls' chief Potter
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 0-0 draw against Brighton
- 6 'Josh is the most disappointed guy in the dressing room' - Farke on fluffed chance
- 7 Aarons backs City striker to recover after 'frustrating' Brighton draw
- 8 Positives for Canaries striker Sargent to focus on after wasting golden chances
- 9 'Two points dropped' - Fans felt City deserved more from Brighton clash
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries set to make January bid for Aberdeen star
Aaron Benstead produced a fantastic save to deny Howell a second before Hadleigh equalised with their first real chance of the game in the 72nd minute with a Darrius Laws header.
The home side clinched victory in the 85th minute when Chris Williams scored from the edge of the box.
Leiston maintained their lead at the top of the Premier Division with a 2-1 home win over Haverhill Rovers. It was Leiston's seventh consecutive league victory but was only achieved with an injury-time winner from Leon Ottley-Gooch.
Needham Market are three points behind Leiston but have a game in hand after a 2-1 win at Debenham LC. The gate of 208 was Debenham's highest ever for a league game.
Stanway Rovers, CRC and Kirkley & Pakefield kept up the pressure in a very tight Championship race with big victories.
Stanway hosted Ely and won 4-1 while Kirkley hit five without reply against visitors King's Lynn Reserves and CRC hit hosts Woodbridge for six without reply.
Other results in the Premier Division saw Debenham LC lose 2-1 to visitors Needham Market, Felixstowe and Walton Utd beat Wisbech Town 1-0, and Newmarket Town go nap against Harwich and Parkeston, who failed to score.
In Division One, Saffron Walden lost 2-1 at home to FC Clacton while Halstead Town's game against Godmanchester was postponed.