Bushiri completes Eupen loan
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Rocky Bushiri has completed his loan move to Belgian top-flight side Eupen for the remainder of the season.
The 21-year-old was playing for KV Mechelen but after a poor first half of the season, the Canaries have swapped his club in search of more game time for the Belgian U21 international.
Bushiri has made six appearances in the Jupiler League this season, with his last appearance for his former club coming in December during their 3-0 defeat to Club Brugge. The defender was substituted off in the second period.
It was with Eupen that the defender impressed during a season-long loan in 2018/19 whilst on the books at Oostende. Bushiri then signed for the Canaries in July 2019 before joining League One side Blackpool on loan.
Loans to Sint-Truiden and Mechelen followed, but Bushiri is yet to play a substantial amount of games whilst on loan.
Belgian outlet Grenzecho reported that the defender started his medical on Monday after Mechelen agreed to cut short his loan spell. Bushiri will spend the remainder of the season on loan at the Kehrwegstadion.
Eupen currently sit 12th in the table, three points off the Europa League play-off places.
- 1 Cantwell opens up on his Norwich City future
- 2 'He was brilliant' - City ace hails winger's impact during latest win
- 3 Norwich City and the Soccerbot360: The inside track on why Canaries want the £750,000 aid
- 4 Ex-City striker Jerome reveals late January bid from Cardiff
- 5 The Canaries' trip to Forest subject to updated kick-off time
- 6 Wycombe have 'nothing to fear' against table toppers, says Ainsworth
- 7 Farke sets promotion points target
- 8 City want to bring 2,000 fans back for Championship run in
- 9 An unhappy anniversary for this Norwich City fan
- 10 City number one on Nyland's arrival and Barden's bright future
Bushiri has another two years on his contract at Carrow Road.