City recall young defender from loan spell
- Credit: Norwich City FC
Rocky Bushiri’s loan spell at Blackpool has been cut short, with Norwich City recalling the Belgian defender.
Bushiri was expected to spend the entirety of the season at Bloomfield Road, but a lack of playing time has led to City cutting short his stint with the Seasiders.
The 20 year-old is set to return to his native country on another temporary deal in order to continue his development with regular minutes.
The centre-back made seven appearances for Blackpool, scoring once in an EFL Trophy clash against Wolves U23s. Bushiri found himself confined to the bench as he struggled to work his way into boss Simon Grayson's thoughts.
Grayson confirmed Bushiri's loan stint was over following their New Year's Day defeat to Rotherham United: "Rocky Bushiri has been recalled back to Norwich and will go to Belgium on loan. We thank him for the bits he did for us, it didn't quite work out that one," he told the Blackpool Gazette.
You may also want to watch:
Bushiri only joined the Canaries in July from Belgian First Division A side K.V. Oostende.
- 1 Ex-City star Murphy boosts hopes of new deal
- 2 Former City loanee set for new deal at Borussia Dortmund
- 3 Candid Cantwell opens up on struggles during 'whirlwind' summer
- 4 'I don't want the season to end' - City ace hitting top form
- 5 Six things you might have missed after City's win at Derby
- 6 City defender likened to a 'young Rio Ferdinand'
- 7 City Q&A: One down. One to go
- 8 Lee Payne: Bruce has got it wrong over Norwich City and Premier League
- 9 Chris Goreham: No-one should question just how good City have been
- 10 Record-breaking week continues for Canaries