City recall young defender from loan spell
- Credit: Norwich City FC
Rocky Bushiri’s loan spell at Blackpool has been cut short, with Norwich City recalling the Belgian defender.
Bushiri was expected to spend the entirety of the season at Bloomfield Road, but a lack of playing time has led to City cutting short his stint with the Seasiders.
The 20 year-old is set to return to his native country on another temporary deal in order to continue his development with regular minutes.
The centre-back made seven appearances for Blackpool, scoring once in an EFL Trophy clash against Wolves U23s. Bushiri found himself confined to the bench as he struggled to work his way into boss Simon Grayson's thoughts.
Grayson confirmed Bushiri's loan stint was over following their New Year's Day defeat to Rotherham United: "Rocky Bushiri has been recalled back to Norwich and will go to Belgium on loan. We thank him for the bits he did for us, it didn't quite work out that one," he told the Blackpool Gazette.
You may also want to watch:
Bushiri only joined the Canaries in July from Belgian First Division A side K.V. Oostende.
- 1 Norwich City star tipped to reject move to Tottenham
- 2 City midfielder returns to Norfolk after loan spell terminated
- 3 Bushiri completes Eupen loan
- 4 Placheta must kick on at City
- 5 Giannoulis in contention for Boro clash - as City secure work permit
- 6 Giannoulis deal proof City can navigate difficult transfer market
- 7 Cantwell explains why he wears different coloured boots and why City is in his DNA
- 8 Lambert and Ipswich in crisis: Do you care, City fans?
- 9 City striker seals Swindon loan move; Hugill injury boost
- 10 'That's my dream' - Giannoulis hopes his style will boost City's promotion hopes