'Happy' Bushiri nets on Eupen debut
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Rocky Bushiri was delighted to mark his KAS Eupen debut with a goal after two months in the cold at previous loan club KV Mechelen.
The Norwich City loan export returned to the club where he spent an impressive season with back in 2018-19 in search of regular game time.
Bushiri scored the final goal of Eupen's 5-1 victory over Olympic Charleroi on Wednesday in the Belgian Cup.
City signed the 21-year-old from Oostende back in 2018, but the defender has spent the entirety of his time at the club out on loan. Bushiri has previously been on loan at Blackpool, Sint-Truiden and Mechelen.
Speaking about his happiness after scoring his first goal for the club, Bushiri told Sporza: "It has been almost two months since I was on the field for another full game. That's why I'm very happy. You saw that when I scored.
"For me, it was a nice evening. I didn't mind the snow too much. Thanks to a few breaks, it was not too bad."
- 1 CHAMPIONS RECAP: City lift the Championship trophy at Oakwell
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-2 Championship finale against Barnsley
- 3 Tettey fights back the tears after emotional City farewell
- 4 'You cannot ask for a better goodbye' - Farke salutes departing City duo
- 5 What does Pukki injury mean for City's transfer plans?
- 6 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-2 Barnsley draw
- 7 Farke reveals title celebration curbs
- 8 Norwich City's title presentation in pictures
- 9 Super sub Idah earns champions City a draw at Barnsley
- 10 Onel Hernandez reveals reason he got a Norwich City tattoo