'Happy' Bushiri nets on Eupen debut
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Rocky Bushiri was delighted to mark his KAS Eupen debut with a goal after two months in the cold at previous loan club KV Mechelen.
The Norwich City loan export returned to the club where he spent an impressive season with back in 2018-19 in search of regular game time.
Bushiri scored the final goal of Eupen's 5-1 victory over Olympic Charleroi on Wednesday in the Belgian Cup.
City signed the 21-year-old from Oostende back in 2018, but the defender has spent the entirety of his time at the club out on loan. Bushiri has previously been on loan at Blackpool, Sint-Truiden and Mechelen.
Speaking about his happiness after scoring his first goal for the club, Bushiri told Sporza: "It has been almost two months since I was on the field for another full game. That's why I'm very happy. You saw that when I scored.
"For me, it was a nice evening. I didn't mind the snow too much. Thanks to a few breaks, it was not too bad."
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Canaries win clash of the top two
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' stirring 1-0 Championship win against Brentford
- 3 Not so fast Thomas. Farke dismisses Brentford boss claims after 1-0 City win
- 4 Farke would rather have a drink with Guardiola than Town's new boss next season
- 5 City ready to fight fire with fire against Toney and the Bees
- 6 'Quality' City loanee 'unlucky with injuries' during Rovers spell, says Johnson
- 7 Millwall forward praises City's defensive steel
- 8 Norwich City v Brentford: everything you need to know
- 9 'Massive' - City fans full of praise after vital Brentford win
- 10 City take 'massive step' to the Premier League admits McLean