Roeder reveals key to success
It's over - at last. Norwich City have finally discovered what it feels like to win a game of football after a run off 11 games which had yielded just a measly two points to leave them rock bottom of the Championship.
It's over - at last.
Norwich City have finally discovered what it feels like to win a game of football after a run off 11 games which had yielded just a measly two points to leave them rock bottom of the Championship.
Carrow Road rocked to the rafters after Saturday's 2-0 win over Coventry City which proved there was still life in the ailing Canaries.
“We got what we deserved for once,” said a delighted Roeder, who had shown his players a motivational DVD on the eve of the game to get their blood pumping.
You may also want to watch:
“It showed them how the top players blocked shots, blocked crosses, put their bodies in the way of the ball to stop the ball going into the net,” said Roeder.
“It made the hair stand up on the backs of their neck and I thought they were pumped up and ready for today's game and they played like that as well. I didn't think anyone put in a poor performance. It was a team performance and that's what we are - we are not splintered, we are united.
- 1 City transfer rumours: West Ham show interest in £30m rated Aarons
- 2 No West Ham contact for Aarons; Drmic wage hike unlikely
- 3 Webber will continue to be 'brutally honest' at City
- 4 Transfer rumour: Canaries interested in Celtic defender
- 5 Former City boss to leave post at the end of the season
- 6 City hot-shot out to prove point in Premier League, claims ex-Canary
- 7 David Freezer: Emotions bubbling for City as Watford tee up a proper title race
- 8 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 9 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 10 City ace Krul reflects on Premier League interest
“We are not silly, we realize it is only three points you can win from every game, but we got the maximum points today and now we move on to the game on Tuesday and put this one up on the shelf.”