Roeder's Christmas wish list
Norwich boss Glenn Roeder has told Santa he wants extended Carrow Road stays for his Premiership loan quartet.Roeder reiterated after Saturday's priceless Championship win at Scunthorpe - courtesy of Jamie Cureton's late predatory tap in - the club are desperate to keep Jimmy Smith, Matty Pattison, Mo Camara and Ched Evans.
Norwich boss Glenn Roeder has told Santa he wants extended Carrow Road stays for his Premiership loan quartet.
Roeder reiterated after Saturday's priceless Championship win at Scunthorpe - courtesy of Jamie Cureton's late predatory tap in - the club are desperate to keep Jimmy Smith, Matty Pattison, Mo Camara and Ched Evans.
The City chief confirmed the countdown is now well underway with all four original loan deals set to expire on or before New Year's Day.
“We're already talking to the clubs and waiting for answers as to whether they can stay longer on loan or a permanent deal,” said Roeder. “There's nothing more publicly to say at the moment other than we are working very hard in the background.
You may also want to watch:
“They've made a difference. There's no doubt about that and they all want to stay. They see a lovely club in a position it shouldn't have got itself into, and they want to be a part of helping it climb up the table.
“It was the same with Martin Taylor. No matter what anyone says he was desperate to sign for Norwich. We couldn't get agreement with Birmingham over a transfer fee but personal terms were achievable.”
- 1 Transfer rumour: Canaries interested in Celtic defender
- 2 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Watford defeat
- 3 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 defeat against Watford
- 4 Farke laments 'average' City display in Watford defeat
- 5 QPR forced to deny manager is leaving ahead of City clash
- 6 David Freezer: Emotions bubbling for City as Watford tee up a proper title race
- 7 City ace Krul reflects on Premier League interest
- 8 Hanley insists winning title 'means everything' to Canaries
- 9 Watford wanted to stop promoted City enjoying 'showcase game'
- 10 'Blown away' - Gibson reveals how City wooed him for Premier League push