Roeder sweating over Clingan injury
Michael Bailey Norwich City boss Glenn Roeder will be hoping to get good news from Northern Ireland today after one of this season's ever-presents Sammy Clingan suffered a nasty shoulder injury while on international duty last night.
Norwich City boss Glenn Roeder will be hoping to get good news from Northern Ireland today after one of this season's ever-presents Sammy Clingan suffered a nasty shoulder injury while on international duty last night.
The 24-year-old was replaced at half-time during the country's creditable 0-0 draw with the Czech Republic at Windsor Park but it looks like the City star could miss Saturday's trip to Plymouth and face a spell on the sidelines, depending on how serious the injury is.
Having already explained Rangers' Steve Davis having to leave the squad for personal reasons, Northern Ireland manager and former City boss Nigel Worthington said: “As for Sammy, his shoulder is very tender and sore. I am not going to elaborate too much, however, until we look at it in further detail.”
You may also want to watch:
With no update forthcoming from the club this morning, the extent of Clingan's injury is expected to be revealed at Roeder's pre-match press conference, at Colney tomorrow morning.
- 1 Iwan Roberts: My one regret over Canaries' 2004 promotion
- 2 Frankfurt speculation just the start of uncertain period for City boss
- 3 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 4 'I wanted to bring Norwich back' - Emi reveals why he stayed at City
- 5 Can City seal just their third Carrow Road promotion?
- 6 PRESSER LIVE: City v Bournemouth - Emi fit, Rupp out for the season
- 7 City boss has found his job 'even harder' than title-winning season
- 8 Another goal for Drmic - could City striker earn Euros recall?
- 9 'We want to correct what happened' - City ace on top-flight aims
- 10 'That's the bottom line' - Dowell clear on his City priorities