Roeder to get Evans decision today
Norwich City are expected to find out today whether Ched Evans will be returning to Carrow Road for the remainder of the season.The Manchester City striker was set for a meeting with Eastland's manager Sven Goran Eriksson yesterday to discuss his short-term future in the North West, but the meeting was put off until after training today.
Norwich City are expected to find out today whether Ched Evans will be returning to Carrow Road for the remainder of the season.
The Manchester City striker was set for a meeting with Eastland's manager Sven Goran Eriksson yesterday to discuss his short-term future in the North West, but the meeting was put off until after training this afternoon.
The delay rules Evans out of making the midday deadline to be registered as a City player for Norwich's FA Cup third round tie against Bury on Saturday.
However, boss Glenn Roeder is expecting a call later this afternoon, probably from Eriksson's assistance Tord Grip, confirming whether the Welsh under 21 international will be available to him on loan for the rest of the season.
You may also want to watch:
“The meeting he was having with Sven yesterday did get called off and he's seeing him after training today, so I'm still hopeful on that one,” said Roeder.
“It'll definitely be a yes or no this afternoon; whether that's at 1pm, 2pm or 4pm I don't know.
- 1 'You get relegated playing the Norwich way' - Old boy Bruce on Magpies' sorry plight
- 2 Paddy Davitt verdict: Wazza and City's great leap forward
- 3 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 4 Record-breaking week continues for Canaries
- 5 Ex-City star Murphy boosts hopes of new deal
- 6 'I don't want the season to end' - City ace hitting top form
- 7 Former City loanee set for new deal at Borussia Dortmund
- 8 Six things you might have missed after City's win at Derby
- 9 'We showed Norwich too much respect' - Rooney on Rams' reverse
- 10 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Derby County win
“All I know is he spoke to Tord yesterday, he apologised for the meeting getting called off. I spoke to Ched and he was disappointed the meeting was called off and it's been put back to today.”
The 19-year-old has made nine appearances for the Canaries since joining on loan during his six weeks at Carrow Road, scoring two goals before making his final appearance at Selhurst Park against Crystal Palace on New Year's Day.