Rout impresses as Wymondham win
Dereham Ladies 1, Wymondham Ladies 3
Wymondham Ladies played at Dereham on a very windy day, which ruined the prospect of a good footballing display.
But both teams did all they could to play the ball on the floor.
Wymondham started off better with the wind, with chances falling to Lois, Gemma and Laura but the keeper made a couple of good saves.
It wasn’t until the 30th minute when Wymondham made the pressure pay, the ball falling to Lois after some good work who smashed the ball home to continue her good run of form.
You may also want to watch:
Louise was playing very well down the right, causing constant problems and Laura and Gemma halting Dereham’s attacks.
Wymondham then doubled their lead when Helen took a touch, and hit the ball from 25 yards into the corner of the net.
- 1 Spurs confirm Skipp has had surgery after injury with Canaries
- 2 Could City target any free agents this summer?
- 3 City star facing possible race for Euros fitness due to injury
- 4 Former City defender lands senior role at Wolves
- 5 City ranked top Premier League club for fan engagement
- 6 Tettey's heartfelt thanks to City fans
- 7 'My mission is not over' - Klose opens door to permanent Basel stay
- 8 City transfer rumours: Manchester United defender in the frame
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: Cardiff man once again linked
- 10 ‘It’s me, it’s Tettey’ - Canaries legend's best quotes
At half-time the score was 2-0.
With the wind against them, Wymondham had to work hard, and Dereham started the brighter, but it didn’t take long before Elle got onto a great through ball from Woody to dink the ball over the keeper.
Dereham responded well, and scored from the edge of the box with a wind assisted shot. Elle then went through again, but the keeper was equal to it, saving well.
Wymondham then took control of the game, seeing it out professionally in difficult circumstances.
That is now only one defeat in six league games for Wymondham, who host table-topping Aylsham this Sunday, 2pm kick-off.
Player of the match: Louise Rout for a great all-round performance, with direct running and some great defensive work too.