Rovers gain vital points
There were only two games in the Anglian Combination Premier Division this weekend because of Mummery Cup ties.The crucial bottom-of-the-table clash between Dersingham Rovers and hosts Sprowston Athletic was won 3-1 by the visitors.
There were only two games in the Anglian Combination Premier Division this weekend because of Mummery Cup ties.
The crucial bottom-of-the-table clash between Dersingham Rovers and hosts Sprowston Athletic was won 3-1 by the visitors.
The result means Sprowston continue to prop up the table while Dersingham climb two places to fourth-from-bottom.
Daniel Jezeph scored a brace for Rovers with one for Thomas Nicol, and Sprowston's goal was netted by Jason Armes.
You may also want to watch:
North Walsham stay in second place after beating visitors
St Andrews 3-0 with goals from Alex Fitzgerald, Adam Bunton and Matthew Lown.
- 1 MATCHDAY LIVE: Norwich City complete their double over Cardiff
- 2 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 3 STARTING XIs: Pukki missing for City as Barden starts at Cardiff
- 4 City squad can expect long term disruption due to Covid impact
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-1 Championship win against Cardiff City
- 6 Farke's advice for Barden ahead of red letter day
- 7 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 8 Cardiff City v Norwich City - all you need to know
- 9 No Pukki no problem for Canaries as they move seven points clear at the top
- 10 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
Biggest win in the Mummery Cup was for Premier Division leaders Beccles Town, who cruised through to the third round after hitting a magnificent seven goals past Brandon, with two in reply.
Scott Barnard and Anthony Martin both struck twice while other goals were by Alex Holmes, Kevin Waterman and Gerald Martin. Brandon's Roy Bland and Jason Craigen netted.
Also through are Blofield United, goals by Danny McKail (2), Danny Brown and Greg Murphy sealing a 4-1 win over Sheringham (Jonathan Abbs).
Hempnall beat Corton 1-0 with a goal by Carl Harwin, and Cromer Town got 3-2 victory over Poringland Wanderers. The Crabs' goals were from Matthew Eves, Steven Barnes and Liam Davies while Vaughan Stevenson and Chris Ault scored for Wanderers.
Mattishall have Chris Hall to thank for their win over Spixworth while Horsford progress too after a 3-0 win over Stalham (Alan Rudder, Darren Nichols, own goal).
Watton went through 3-2 on penalties after it was 1-1 at the end of normal time with Kevin Bloomfield netting for Watton and Steven Wise for Loddon.
Wroxham Reserves march on after Daniel Self and Andrew Eastaugh got on the scoresheet in a 2-0 win over Acle United.
In Division One Kirkley & Pakefield Reserves beat Caister 4-2 with Paul Highfield and Rory French notching braces and James Corke and Mark Blake replying. Long Stratton's David Robinson and Shaun Flint scored in a 2-0 win over Holt.
Colin Emberley and Mark Gaskin scored for Reepham in their 2-1 win over Bungay (Shane Ward).
Hindringham returned from Scole with a 1-0 win with Scott Gray the marksman. Daniel Andrews hit two goals to seal a 2-1 win for Sole Bay against Wells Town (Daniel Grocott).
Glen Sharp lived up to his name, hitting a brace for Wymondham with James McCloy adding the other in a
3-2 win over Norwich St Johns (Aaron Kay, Luke Tuttle).