Rudd signs contract with Canaries
Declan Rudd has agreed terms on his first professional contract with the Canaries. Big things are expected of the Diss-born goalkeeper, 17, who was on the bench for City's final game of the season, at Sheffield Wednesday, on Sunday.
Declan Rudd has agreed terms on his first professional contract with the Canaries.
Big things are expected of the Diss-born goalkeeper, 17, who was on the bench for City's final game of the season, at Sheffield Wednesday, on Sunday.
Rudd - who has played at under-16 and under-17 level for England, will be joined by young midfielder Korey Smith, 17, as manager Glenn Roeder begins to pick out the club's best youngsters for development into first team players.
Damon Lathrope and Luke Daley - both 18 - have already signed new deals.
You may also want to watch:
Also staying at City for another year is left back Robert Eagle, who has accepted a one-year contract.
“It's because I think he's not a bad player because technically he's gifted and I think with a full year's working with us and working in the gym with a specific strengthening programme - although I don't think he is going to grow much taller - I think we can make Robert stronger and that will help him,” said Roeder.
- 1 City transfer rumours: West Ham show interest in £30m rated Aarons
- 2 No West Ham contact for Aarons; Drmic wage hike unlikely
- 3 Webber will continue to be 'brutally honest' at City
- 4 Former City boss to leave post at the end of the season
- 5 Transfer rumour: Canaries interested in Celtic defender
- 6 City hot-shot out to prove point in Premier League, claims ex-Canary
- 7 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 8 David Freezer: Emotions bubbling for City as Watford tee up a proper title race
- 9 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 10 City ace Krul reflects on Premier League interest
“Left-footed footed players are quite rare and he has got a very nice left footy, quite cultured. He has earned the year with his attitude and his motivation to train and get another contract here and a couple of weeks ago his dream comes true.”