‘Norwich is a big club, a special club to me’ - John Ruddy on his Carrow Road return
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
John Ruddy insists he will put sentiment to one side as he targets three points for Wolves in Tuesday’s Championship reunion with the Canaries.
Ruddy is in no doubt where his loyalties lie as he prepares to help his latest club get back on track after Wolves surprise 2-1 league defeat at QPR checked their promotion push.
“No, its another game. It will be nice to go back. It will be nice to see some people and familiar faces but I am a Wolves player and I want three points. Simple as that,” he said. “Norwich is a big club, a special club to me. It gave me massive opportunities. I have a lot of affection for the city, my family are still there and it is somewhere I will go back to.
“The club was great for me, as I was for the club, but three points is on offer. I hope I get a good reception. They allowed me to play in the Premier League and for England but likewise I felt I repaid the club’s faith more than enough for the fans to hopefully give me a good reception.”
Ruddy rates this current Wolves set-up as the best squad he has been part of.
You may also want to watch:
“In terms of quality of players this group is the best I have played with,” he told his club’s official site. “That is no disrespect to the teams I played in at Norwich, just the exceptional quality we have here for this league.
“With the players who have come in we have to understand we will have that target on our back. People will look at us as a scalp. We are an ambitious group and we have to deal with that. We had done it brilliantly up until Saturday so we won’t get too down-hearted and now we have two massive games this week and hoping to bounce back.
- 1 City keeper issues injury update
- 2 City Q&A recap: What does Giannoulis signing mean for Quintilla?
- 3 'He has all the attributes" - Former coach backs Giannoulis to succeed at City
- 4 Matt Howman: Do you want Norwich City to be in the Premier League
- 5 PROFILE: Raw determination and loan education helped City's incoming left-back emerge at PAOK
- 6 Spurs loanee Skipp is a centre-back's dream, according to City skipper
- 7 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 8 Young City winger completes permanent Harrogate Town move
- 9 City legend details Webber conversation before sporting director appointment
- 10 Six things you might have missed after Norwich City's victory in Cardiff
“The manager makes sure we keep our feet firmly on the ground. We have been superb this season and we will go into these games full of confidence and determined to show people that was a blip.”