‘Norwich is a big club, a special club to me’ - John Ruddy on his Carrow Road return
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
John Ruddy insists he will put sentiment to one side as he targets three points for Wolves in Tuesday’s Championship reunion with the Canaries.
Ruddy is in no doubt where his loyalties lie as he prepares to help his latest club get back on track after Wolves surprise 2-1 league defeat at QPR checked their promotion push.
“No, its another game. It will be nice to go back. It will be nice to see some people and familiar faces but I am a Wolves player and I want three points. Simple as that,” he said. “Norwich is a big club, a special club to me. It gave me massive opportunities. I have a lot of affection for the city, my family are still there and it is somewhere I will go back to.
“The club was great for me, as I was for the club, but three points is on offer. I hope I get a good reception. They allowed me to play in the Premier League and for England but likewise I felt I repaid the club’s faith more than enough for the fans to hopefully give me a good reception.”
Ruddy rates this current Wolves set-up as the best squad he has been part of.
You may also want to watch:
“In terms of quality of players this group is the best I have played with,” he told his club’s official site. “That is no disrespect to the teams I played in at Norwich, just the exceptional quality we have here for this league.
“With the players who have come in we have to understand we will have that target on our back. People will look at us as a scalp. We are an ambitious group and we have to deal with that. We had done it brilliantly up until Saturday so we won’t get too down-hearted and now we have two massive games this week and hoping to bounce back.
- 1 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 2 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 3 PRESSER LIVE: City v Watford - Hanley, Pukki, Cantwell injury doubts
- 4 'I am really happy here' - City star Buendia not worried about speculation
- 5 'Good riddance' - Norwich fans react to European Super League plans
- 6 'Big Six' join European Super League 24 hours after City's promotion
- 7 Six things you might have missed after City's promotion party
- 8 'I rate him. He's a fantastic player' - Farke open to Skipp return
- 9 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 10 'A wonderful season' - Praise pours in for City from legends and pundits
“The manager makes sure we keep our feet firmly on the ground. We have been superb this season and we will go into these games full of confidence and determined to show people that was a blip.”