Rumours of Stark contrast
JONATHAN REDHEAD New City boss Peter Grant is rumoured to be ready for his first signing since taking the reigns at Carrow Road after being linked with a raid north of the border for an assistant.
New City boss Peter Grant was today rumoured to be ready for his first signing since taking the reins at Carrow Road after being linked with a raid north of the border for an assistant.
Reports in Scotland say the former Celtic player has targeted old friend Billy Stark to become his right-hand man as he settles in to life in the city hotseat.
Stark, who is currently manager at Scottish Third Division side Queen's Park, played alongside Grant at Celtic Park in the late 1980s in the centre of the Bhoys' midfield.
You may also want to watch:
The 50-year-old scored more than 100 goals in the Scottish Premier League during a 19-year career which included spells with St Mirren, Aberdeen, where he was signed by Sir Alex Ferguson, Celtic and Kilmarnock.
But Grant said on arrival he was not planning on sweeping changes through the back-room staff at the club.
- 1 'You get relegated playing the Norwich way' - Old boy Bruce on Magpies' sorry plight
- 2 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 3 Paddy Davitt verdict: Wazza and City's great leap forward
- 4 Record-breaking week continues for Canaries
- 5 'I don't want the season to end' - City ace hitting top form
- 6 'We showed Norwich too much respect' - Rooney on Rams' reverse
- 7 Ex-City star Murphy boosts hopes of new deal
- 8 Six things you might have missed after City's win at Derby
- 9 Former City loanee set for new deal at Borussia Dortmund
- 10 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Derby County win