‘He will help us defensively!’ - Mixed feelings from supporters on the signing of Lukas Rupp
- Credit: Norwich City FC
Norwich City supporters have greeted the news of Lukas Rupp’s signing from 1899 Hoffenheim with ambivalence, after the midfielder signed a two-and-a-half year contract with the club on Monday evening.
Rupp becomes the second addition of this window, after Ondrej Duda was signed from Hertha Berlin on loan for the remainder of the season. Rupp signed for the club for an undisclosed fee and strengthens the Canaries midfield.
After starting his career with Karlsruher, he has since gone on to play top-flight football in Germany with Borussia Monchengladbach, Paderborn, Stuttgart and Hoffenheim.
Speaking to the club's website, Rupp said: "I was in the training camp in Marbella with Hoffenheim and then two days later, I'm here so it's been very quick. But I'm very happy to be here."
Head coach Daniel Farke said: "Lukas is a great guy who has a lot of experience. He's played for some very big clubs in Germany and has a lot of game time in the Bundesliga."
You may also want to watch:
- Read the thoughts of Norwich City supporters above and below
- 1 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 2 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 3 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 4 'We want to stop the party' - Cherries fired up for City clash
- 5 Pompey boss praises 'perfect model' at Norwich City
- 6 City confirm fans will not return to Carrow Road this season
- 7 Ian Clarke: Seven reasons why Norwich City will survive in top flight
- 8 'Auld Enemy' clash on the backburner for City captain
- 9 'Like a shield' - Canaries boss heaps praise on Webber's work
- 10 Farke's dilemma with City prodigies