‘He will help us defensively!’ - Mixed feelings from supporters on the signing of Lukas Rupp
- Credit: Norwich City FC
Norwich City supporters have greeted the news of Lukas Rupp’s signing from 1899 Hoffenheim with ambivalence, after the midfielder signed a two-and-a-half year contract with the club on Monday evening.
Rupp becomes the second addition of this window, after Ondrej Duda was signed from Hertha Berlin on loan for the remainder of the season. Rupp signed for the club for an undisclosed fee and strengthens the Canaries midfield.
After starting his career with Karlsruher, he has since gone on to play top-flight football in Germany with Borussia Monchengladbach, Paderborn, Stuttgart and Hoffenheim.
Speaking to the club's website, Rupp said: "I was in the training camp in Marbella with Hoffenheim and then two days later, I'm here so it's been very quick. But I'm very happy to be here."
Head coach Daniel Farke said: "Lukas is a great guy who has a lot of experience. He's played for some very big clubs in Germany and has a lot of game time in the Bundesliga."
You may also want to watch:
- Read the thoughts of Norwich City supporters above and below
- 1 Could Canaries benefit from Chelsea appointing Tuchel?
- 2 Former Arsenal and Norwich midfielder set to sign for Saints
- 3 Soto's striker instinct is clear - now he needs to prove it at Norwich City
- 4 Arsenal end chase in City star with Real Madrid signing
- 5 Paddy Davitt: City's bold call and the status quo
- 6 'He's been great for me' - Hanley grateful to Farke for making him a better player
- 7 'Lots to learn ' - Busy spell continues as City striker makes Swindon debut
- 8 Norwich City star tipped to reject move to Tottenham
- 9 The story of Alex Neil and Jordan Hugill's trainers
- 10 'You just want more' - McLean settled at City and focused on top-flight return