Martin thankful to City duo for MK Dons contribution
- Credit: Focus Images
Russell Martin has praised Norwich City duo Louis Thompson and Carlton Morris for their contributions at MK Dons, and the City legend hasn’t ruled out a return for them next season.
The former Canaries defender replaced Paul Tisdale as manager in November, and has guided the Dons to safety despite fears of relegation when he took over.
Martin utilised his City connections to bring in Thompson and Morris on loan deals in January and was pleased with their efforts.
“Carlton and Louis were great for us off the pitch as well as on it. You could see straight away what Carlton brought, he was a real focal point.
“Both were great for me in the dressing room, really great characters and it gave us such a great feeling to have players like that in there,” Martin told the MK Citizen.
You may also want to watch:
“As with anything, we’re waiting to see what happens over the next few months before the new season starts, to see who is available and in what capacity.”
- 1 Farke's dilemma with City prodigies
- 2 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 3 Police interviews and faulty planes - the inside track on Onel's Cuba bow
- 4 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 5 'We want to stop the party' - Cherries fired up for City clash
- 6 Robbie Savage: 'Never mind Stuart Webber, it's all down to me'
- 7 City confirm fans will not return to Carrow Road this season
- 8 'Auld Enemy' clash on the backburner for City captain
- 9 Pompey boss praises 'perfect model' at Norwich City
- 10 Farke's fledglings: How City chief moulded the next generation for Canaries