Martin thankful to City duo for MK Dons contribution
- Credit: Focus Images
Russell Martin has praised Norwich City duo Louis Thompson and Carlton Morris for their contributions at MK Dons, and the City legend hasn’t ruled out a return for them next season.
The former Canaries defender replaced Paul Tisdale as manager in November, and has guided the Dons to safety despite fears of relegation when he took over.
Martin utilised his City connections to bring in Thompson and Morris on loan deals in January and was pleased with their efforts.
“Carlton and Louis were great for us off the pitch as well as on it. You could see straight away what Carlton brought, he was a real focal point.
“Both were great for me in the dressing room, really great characters and it gave us such a great feeling to have players like that in there,” Martin told the MK Citizen.
You may also want to watch:
“As with anything, we’re waiting to see what happens over the next few months before the new season starts, to see who is available and in what capacity.”
- 1 Norwich City star tipped to reject move to Tottenham
- 2 City midfielder returns to Norfolk after loan spell terminated
- 3 Bushiri completes Eupen loan
- 4 Placheta must kick on at City
- 5 Cantwell explains why he wears different coloured boots and why City is in his DNA
- 6 Giannoulis deal proof City can navigate difficult transfer market
- 7 Giannoulis in contention for Boro clash - as City secure work permit
- 8 City striker seals Swindon loan move; Hugill injury boost
- 9 Lambert and Ipswich in crisis: Do you care, City fans?
- 10 'That's my dream' - Giannoulis hopes his style will boost City's promotion hopes