Young City keepers earn international call-ups
- Credit: DENISE BRADLEY/Archant2021
Young Norwich City goalkeepers Sam Blair and Dan Barden have been called up for Ireland and Wales' U21s respectively.
Blair's inclusion in Jim Crawford's comes two months after his first call-up for Ireland having trained with England youth squads in the past. The youngster qualifies for the country through his grandmother, despite being born in Aylsham.
The 18-year-old has been at the club since under-10 level and recently signed a fresh deal at Carrow Road to extend his stay at the club until 2023.
Blair is part of City's exciting cohort of young goalkeepers including Barden and Archie Mair, who look on course for an international call-up with Scotland and Joe Rose, who has recently linked up with England's youth squads for training.
The games will form part of the U21s preparation for their 2023 European Championship qualifiers against Bosnia & Herzegovina and Luxembourg in September.
Barden had a brief spell in City's first-team in January and has impressed during his performances in goal for Daniel Farke's men.
He looks destined for a loan away from the club to continue his development next season, but showcased his quality during Tim Krul and Michael McGovern's absence. Barden signed for the club from Arsenal and spent a year away with non-league outfit Bury Town during the 2019/20 campaign.
Their qualifying campaign for the Euros kicks off next Friday against Moldova on Friday, 4 June.
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries keen on Cherries ace
- 2 'Amazing' ambition was key to Buendia's decision to choose Villa
- 3 Norwich City fans get kit help as Pukkimania sparks dash for Euros shirt
- 4 ‘Definitely was not easy’ - City striker on distressing win
- 5 WINDOW WATCH: The latest City transfer news and views
- 6 Left-back seals permanent Canaries exit
- 7 Denmark star 'stabilised' after collapsing during Euros game
- 8 Norwich City transfer rumours: Leeds also interested in Gunn
- 9 'Pukki will be treated like Messi or Ronaldo''
- 10 A-Z: It's not going to get any easier for Brighton