Scarning United reach Norfolk Primary Cup final

Pride of place this week has to go to Scarning United who became the first team from the league for six years to reach the Norfolk Primary Cup final with a 2-0 home win over Gayton United Reserves.

They will now be seeking to emulate the achievements of Dereham Posties who were the last team from the league to win the Cup back in 2007.

The Division One leaders Castle Acre Swifts were without a game and, as a result, had their lead at the top reduced to five points. Second-placed North Elmham beat Swaffham Town A and the teams immediately below them all won as well. Morley Village in third spot proved too strong for a game Thetford Rovers Reserves outfit and eventually ran out 8-1 winners, Tacolneston in fourth won 3-1 at Dereham Town A and fifth-placed Shipdham were 7-2 winners at Northwold S&SC. Yaxham won 3-1 at Bridgham United and the other match between Rockland United and Gressenhall ended as a 2-2 draw.

There were just three matches in Division Two. Mulbarton Wanderers Reserves won 7-1 at bottom team Saham Toney Reserves and move up to third place as a result. Necton made the short trip to Sporle and returned home with the three points from a 3-0 victory and West End beat Hethersett Athletic by the odd goal of three to move above them into sixth place.

Litcham are the new leaders of Division Three following their 3-1 home win over Methwold United. Colkirk beat bottom team Narborough Reserves 2-0, Great Cressingham won 3-1 at home to North Elmham Reserves and Watton United A and Wendling shared the spoils from a 1-1 draw.

You may also want to watch:

The Division Four leaders Mulbarton Wanderers A were held to a 2-2 draw by Beetley United but are still seven points clear at the top of the table. Feltwell United Reserves won 7-0 at Gressenhall Reserves and stay in third place and Yaxham Reserves remain fourth after their 3-0 win at Dereham Cockers United. For the second successive week, Nostro Reserves ran up the biggest score of the day, this time with an 11-1 win at Shipdham Reserves while Castle Acre Swifts Reserves beat bottom team Methwold United Reserves 6-2.

In the third round of the Mervyn Lambert Plant Hire Pease League Cup, there were several close matches. The closest was between Weasenham Wanderers and Splitz United where the score finished three apiece after extra time and Weasenham won 5-4 on penalties to reach the semi-finals. Stoke Ferry won by the odd goal of seven at Hingham Athletic Reserves and Weeting beat Marham Wanderers 5-4. The other match between Tacolneston Reserves and Attleborough Athletic ended with a 3-0 win for Attleborough.

Most Read

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus