Select your Norwich City team for opening Premier League clash at Liverpool
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Who would you like to see starting for Norwich City against Champions League winners Liverpool on Friday evening? Let us know your selections here.
Canaries head coach Daniel Farke has confirmed that the game will come too soon for centre-back Timm Klose, who has a hip problem which will be assessed again next week.
Christoph Zimmermann is also out until later this month as he recovers from minor surgery that was carried out before pre-season began, leaving Ben Godfrey and Grant Hanley as the recognised central defenders available to Farke.
New defensive midfielder Ibrahim Amadou will not be involved either, City's boss explained at his pre-match press conference, having only trained with his team-mates for the first time on Wednesday.
Would any of the other new signings come into your starting XI? Ralf Fahrmann is vying with Tim Krul for the start in goal, Sam Byram was signed as competition for Max Aarons at right-back and on-loan Manchester City winger Patrick Roberts has impressed during pre-season.
You may also want to watch:
Switzerland international striker Josip Drmic also arrived on a free transfer but would you start him ahead of the star of last season, 30-goal striker Teemu Pukki?
- Pick your 11 players in the team selector above
- 1 'I am not injured. I'm just no longer wanted' - Drmic makes his case
- 2 Six things you might have missed after City suffered late heartbreak to draw with Coventry
- 3 Farke admits injury crisis is 'surreal'
- 4 Former City midfielder heads Down Under
- 5 IN FULL: Norwich City's unprecedented injury list
- 6 Chris Goreham: The school field trip that Zimmermann could do without
- 7 Norwich City Debate Recap: Academy prospects to fill in, loan break clauses and Drmic all discussed
- 8 Norwich City kick-off times changed due to TV coverage
- 9 'I want to create history' - Farke reveals mission to build a legacy at Norwich City
- 10 Canaries drawn to face Coventry City at Carrow Road in FA Cup third round