Select your Norwich City team for opening Premier League clash at Liverpool
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Who would you like to see starting for Norwich City against Champions League winners Liverpool on Friday evening? Let us know your selections here.
Canaries head coach Daniel Farke has confirmed that the game will come too soon for centre-back Timm Klose, who has a hip problem which will be assessed again next week.
Christoph Zimmermann is also out until later this month as he recovers from minor surgery that was carried out before pre-season began, leaving Ben Godfrey and Grant Hanley as the recognised central defenders available to Farke.
New defensive midfielder Ibrahim Amadou will not be involved either, City's boss explained at his pre-match press conference, having only trained with his team-mates for the first time on Wednesday.
Would any of the other new signings come into your starting XI? Ralf Fahrmann is vying with Tim Krul for the start in goal, Sam Byram was signed as competition for Max Aarons at right-back and on-loan Manchester City winger Patrick Roberts has impressed during pre-season.
You may also want to watch:
Switzerland international striker Josip Drmic also arrived on a free transfer but would you start him ahead of the star of last season, 30-goal striker Teemu Pukki?
- Pick your 11 players in the team selector above
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 2 Norwich City transfer rumours: Buendia 'talks' over summer Arsenal move
- 3 Farke's words of advice for Soto
- 4 PRESSER LIVE: Barnsley v Norwich City - McLean tests positive for Covid-19
- 5 Rupp set for FA Cup recall
- 6 February fixture changes for Canaries
- 7 Robin Sainty: Farke has taken City to a whole new level
- 8 Ton up Tim is wonderful for Farke
- 9 MATCHDAY LIVE: Canaries take on Barnsley in FA Cup
- 10 'I didn't know if I'd make it' - City academy product ends over 1,000 days of injury woe