Seniors can see Vase half price
Wroxham and FA Vase final opponents Whitley Bay have agreed to offer half-price tickets for supporters over 60 to next month's Wembley showpiece.Yachtsmen treasurer Kenny Cooke last week confirmed the move following discussions with officials from the north-east club.
Wroxham and FA Vase final opponents Whitley Bay have agreed to offer half-price tickets for supporters over 60 to next month's Wembley showpiece.
Yachtsmen treasurer Kenny Cooke last week confirmed the move following discussions with officials from the north-east club.
Tickets for older fans who want to follow the Yachtsmen to Wembley on May 9 will now cost �12.50 - the same price as those for supporters under 16 with remaining tickets costing �25.
"When we met the FA this week we questioned the fact there was no concessions in their ticket prices for OAPs," said Cooke. "The FA said that was up to both clubs to decide but pointed out we'll lose part of our commission.
You may also want to watch:
"We were quite keen to speak to Whitley Bay to see if they planned to do anything because I don't want our older followers paying the full amount if they were making concessions.
"They have now agreed, so that is very good news because the commission we are eventually entitled to will be a combined total of what both clubs manage to sell."
- 1 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 2 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-1 Cardiff win
- 4 Paddy Davitt verdict: Relentless City operating on a different level
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-1 Championship win against Cardiff City
- 6 'My journey has been life-changing' - Cantwell reflects on three years since his City debut
- 7 Hugill stepped up when Norwich City needed him with determined display at Cardiff
- 8 'We need to pull our weight' - City skipper relieved to end his goal drought
- 9 Watch extended highlights of Norwich City's win at Cardiff
- 10 'As good as I've seen him!' - City fans laud Cantwell performance
The finalists have been given an initial 6,500 allocation each with tickets on sale from yesterday at Trafford Park and selected outlets.
"It's a dream come true for us but it's work, work, work as well," said Cooke. "We've delivered 2,000 tickets to Carrow Road for them to sell on our behalf and, in addition, I've spoken to Buster Chapman at King's Lynn who has kindly agreed we can sell them at the Norfolk Arena as well.
"We'll put up with the work involved because it's a once-in-a- lifetime opportunity, but everyone from the chairman down is putting so much time and effort in it - and it is quite a worry for us because it's a big, big event," he added.
Tickets for Wroxham's FA Vase final against Whitley Bay on Sunday, May 9 are priced �25 and �12.50 for over 60s and under 16s. Outlets are mentioned on back page.