Shackell joins Wolves
David Cuffley City defender Jason Shackell has joined Wolverhampton Wanderers on a four-year contract for an undisclosed fee, after passing a medical this afternoon.
City defender Jason Shackell has joined Wolverhampton Wanderers on a four-year contract for an undisclosed fee, after passing a medical on Monday.
The Midlands club were reported to have offered £1m for the former City captain in early July.
Shackell, 25 next month, has made 131 senior appearances since his debut in 2003, scoring twice.
You may also want to watch:
Wolves boss Mick McCarthy told the club's official website: “Jason is young, ambitious and just the kind of player we are looking for.
“He's 6ft 4in tall, left sided and will give us added competition for places. I'm very pleased to have him join us.”
- 1 No West Ham contact for Aarons; Drmic wage hike unlikely
- 2 City transfer rumours: West Ham show interest in £30m rated Aarons
- 3 Former City boss to leave post at the end of the season
- 4 PRESSER LIVE: QPR v City - Bullish Farke on Aarons' Everton link; no new injuries
- 5 Transfer rumours: Everton 'step up interest' in City star
- 6 City hot-shot out to prove point in Premier League, claims ex-Canary
- 7 Webber will continue to be 'brutally honest' at City
- 8 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 9 Canaries legend thinks promotion party was fully deserved
- 10 Transfer rumour: Canaries interested in Celtic defender
Chief executive Jez Moxey said: “We have been monitoring Jason for some time now and, subject to him successfully completing his medical, I'm delighted that he is going to be joining us on a four-year deal.”
Shackell's last appearance at Molineux, 12 months ago, was not a happy one. He was sent off as the Canaries were beaten 2-0.
Speaking on the Wolves official website, Shackell said: "Wolves are a massive club with great facilities and a good, young squad and I'm delighted to be a part of it.
"I made my way up here at the weekend to meet a few of the guys and we're just about done - I'm just waiting on the last bit of the medical.
"Fingers crossed it should be fine because we're not expecting any problems, so hopefully I'll be signing this afternoon.
"I didn't get to see the game at the weekend but I watched the highlights and the lads are certainly on fire at the moment.
"It was a great result because Forest are a good team and there are no easy games in this division.
"So to win a game 5-1 is some going and a great result."
Shackell is sad to be leaving the Canaries but also relishing an exciting new opportunity with Wolves.
"I'd come through the Academy at Norwich and have been there for eight years," he says.
"As much as I definitely loved my time there it is also the right time to move on.
"I'm leaving behind some good people and a lot of friends but to have the opportunity to move to a club like Wolves is one I'm really looking forward to.
"Wolves are clearly a big club with great facilities.
"The stadium and the training ground here are superb and the pitch is in great condition.
"I just can't wait to get the deal done and then get to work."