Shackell returns to Norwich on loan
Former Norwich City defender Jason Shackell has today returned to Carrow Road on loan for the rest of the season. The central defender joined Wolverhampton Wanderers for an undisclosed fee on transfer deadline day last August.
Former Norwich City defender Jason Shackell has today returned to Carrow Road on loan for the rest of the season.
The central defender joined Wolverhampton Wanderers for an undisclosed fee on transfer deadline day last August.
Speaking about Shackell's return Norwich boss Bryan Gunn told the club's official website: "It's fantastic to have him back. I bumped into him at Molineux last week and realised that he wasn't part of Mick's immediate plans and it was an opportunity to bring in a quality player in an area of the pitch we need to get cover.
"He knows the place, the club and it made the decision very easy and Jason is looking forward to the next three months at the Canaries."
You may also want to watch:
Shackell told www.canaries.co.uk: "I saw and spoke to the gaffer last Tuesday and I'm obviously happy to come back to a place I know so well and now just want to help us get away from the bottom of the table.
"I want to play games and it's a good opportunity for me especially at a club with so many players I know so well."
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Buendia 'talks' over summer Arsenal move
- 2 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 3 PRESSER LIVE: Barnsley v Norwich City - McLean tests positive for Covid-19
- 4 Farke's words of advice for Soto
- 5 'I didn't know if I'd make it' - City academy product ends over 1,000 days of injury woe
- 6 Dowell hoping to make more happy FA Cup memories with Canaries
- 7 Soto's loan at Telstar ends as City close on work permit for USA striker
- 8 Patience a virtue for City striker after injury had threatened his Premier League pursuit
- 9 February fixture changes for Canaries
- 10 Iwan Roberts: Hugill showed he truly belongs at Norwich City