Shackell returns to Norwich on loan
Former Norwich City defender Jason Shackell has today returned to Carrow Road on loan for the rest of the season. The central defender joined Wolverhampton Wanderers for an undisclosed fee on transfer deadline day last August.
Former Norwich City defender Jason Shackell has today returned to Carrow Road on loan for the rest of the season.
The central defender joined Wolverhampton Wanderers for an undisclosed fee on transfer deadline day last August.
Speaking about Shackell's return Norwich boss Bryan Gunn told the club's official website: "It's fantastic to have him back. I bumped into him at Molineux last week and realised that he wasn't part of Mick's immediate plans and it was an opportunity to bring in a quality player in an area of the pitch we need to get cover.
"He knows the place, the club and it made the decision very easy and Jason is looking forward to the next three months at the Canaries."
You may also want to watch:
Shackell told www.canaries.co.uk: "I saw and spoke to the gaffer last Tuesday and I'm obviously happy to come back to a place I know so well and now just want to help us get away from the bottom of the table.
"I want to play games and it's a good opportunity for me especially at a club with so many players I know so well."
- 1 Farke's dilemma with City prodigies
- 2 Robbie Savage: 'Never mind Stuart Webber, it's all down to me'
- 3 Dowell pledge from City boss
- 4 Police interviews and faulty planes - the inside track on Onel's Cuba bow
- 5 Lee Payne: Bruce has got it wrong over Norwich City and Premier League
- 6 Candid Cantwell opens up on struggles during 'whirlwind' summer
- 7 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 8 Local lad tag weighs heavy on Cantwell's shoulders
- 9 Farke's fledglings: How City chief moulded the next generation for Canaries
- 10 Ex-City star Murphy boosts hopes of new deal