Norwich City transfer rumours: Young City striker who scored 11 goals in one game attracting interest from Aston Villa and PSV Eindhoven
Norwich City academy striker Ruben Shakpoke is in talks with Aston Villa over a move to their youth set-up.
Shakpoke, who made his debut for the Canaries’ U18s side back in November in a defeat at Everton, has been tipped to leave the Canaries in this coming transfer window having rejected the offer of a scholarship at the club.
Whilst playing for Norwich’s Under-15s, he once scored eleven goals in one game against Watford. He has also represented England Under-15s at youth level and is eligible to play for Nigeria.
The Birmingham Mail and AllNigeriaSoccer are reporting that Shakpoke will leave Carrow Road this summer in order to progress his development - with Villa the prime candidates for the striker.
Dutch side PSV Eindhoven are also said to be vying for Shakpoke’s signature, as they cast an eye to the future.
Shakpoke would link up with Villa’s U18s side if a deal was to be reached and would follow in the footsteps of Benny Ashley-Seal, who rejected a contract at City to join Wolverhampton Wanderers.
- 1 Farke makes a pact with City squad
- 2 TEAM NEWS: Rupp injury setback ahead of CIty's trip to Derby
- 3 'Our only concern' - Farke reveals City's promotion roadmap
- 4 Farke misses out on monthly award... Again
- 5 Stiepermann opens up about health problems
- 6 Norwich City transfer rumours: Prolific Greek international in Canaries' sights
- 7 City boss too busy to worry about his contract at the moment
- 8 Farke hopes 'outstanding' City midfielder can shake off injury issues
- 9 Hanley a big fan of new City star
- 10 Farke on Canaries records, Rooney and respecting the Rams