Norwich City transfer rumours: Young City striker who scored 11 goals in one game attracting interest from Aston Villa and PSV Eindhoven
Norwich City academy striker Ruben Shakpoke is in talks with Aston Villa over a move to their youth set-up.
Shakpoke, who made his debut for the Canaries’ U18s side back in November in a defeat at Everton, has been tipped to leave the Canaries in this coming transfer window having rejected the offer of a scholarship at the club.
Whilst playing for Norwich’s Under-15s, he once scored eleven goals in one game against Watford. He has also represented England Under-15s at youth level and is eligible to play for Nigeria.
The Birmingham Mail and AllNigeriaSoccer are reporting that Shakpoke will leave Carrow Road this summer in order to progress his development - with Villa the prime candidates for the striker.
Dutch side PSV Eindhoven are also said to be vying for Shakpoke’s signature, as they cast an eye to the future.
Shakpoke would link up with Villa’s U18s side if a deal was to be reached and would follow in the footsteps of Benny Ashley-Seal, who rejected a contract at City to join Wolverhampton Wanderers.
- 1 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 2 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-1 Cardiff win
- 3 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 4 Paddy Davitt verdict: Relentless City operating on a different level
- 5 'My journey has been life-changing' - Cantwell reflects on three years since his City debut
- 6 Hugill stepped up when Norwich City needed him with determined display at Cardiff
- 7 'We need to pull our weight' - City skipper relieved to end his goal drought
- 8 Watch extended highlights of Norwich City's win at Cardiff
- 9 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-1 Championship win against Cardiff City
- 10 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit