Norwich City transfer rumours: Young City striker who scored 11 goals in one game attracting interest from Aston Villa and PSV Eindhoven
Norwich City academy striker Ruben Shakpoke is in talks with Aston Villa over a move to their youth set-up.
Shakpoke, who made his debut for the Canaries’ U18s side back in November in a defeat at Everton, has been tipped to leave the Canaries in this coming transfer window having rejected the offer of a scholarship at the club.
Whilst playing for Norwich’s Under-15s, he once scored eleven goals in one game against Watford. He has also represented England Under-15s at youth level and is eligible to play for Nigeria.
The Birmingham Mail and AllNigeriaSoccer are reporting that Shakpoke will leave Carrow Road this summer in order to progress his development - with Villa the prime candidates for the striker.
Dutch side PSV Eindhoven are also said to be vying for Shakpoke’s signature, as they cast an eye to the future.
Shakpoke would link up with Villa’s U18s side if a deal was to be reached and would follow in the footsteps of Benny Ashley-Seal, who rejected a contract at City to join Wolverhampton Wanderers.
- 1 Webber on Farke future and his own contract
- 2 Paddy Davitt: Should Farke pick up the phone to Neil?
- 3 Ferguson knew ex-City captain would excel in management
- 4 'Scandalous, a disgrace' - City chief hits backs at haters
- 5 'Don't give up on us now' - Webber plea to City fans
- 6 Buendia sale crucial to £21.5m profit that helped fund City's summer revamp
- 7 Webber defends City's summer recruitment
- 8 Former City striker takes caretaker charge of Championship side
- 9 'Fans are not the issue' - Mixed reaction to City chief's call for unity
- 10 City chiefs 'very proud' of financial results amid Covid-19 challenges