‘After the Lord Mayor’s show’ - City supporters reflective after 1-0 loss to Sheffield United
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City’s defeat to Sheffield United has left many supporters with a sour, yet familiar, taste in the mouth.
Billy Sharp's close-range header in the first-half proved decisive as the Blades continued their march on the European qualification places.
City looked lethargic in the opening period, with United having a dominant spell prior to and just after their goal.
Daniel Farke changed formation in the second period, with the diamond system causing Chris Wilder's side greater problems in the second half.
Had it not have been for an outstanding triple save by England under-21 goalkeeper Dean Henderson, then City would've left Bramall Lane with a point.
You may also want to watch:
Ultimately, that is a microcosm of their season. City dominated possession and had more shots at goal, but lacked cutting edge in their efforts.
Despite the loss, the situation at the bottom of the Premier League table remains the same for Farke's men.
- 1 Hugill thrilled with brace and determined to help keep City on track
- 2 Watch extended highlights of the Canaries' 2-0 win over Bristol City
- 3 'Great header' - Hugill's goal earns seal of approval from Holt
- 4 Soto's loan at Telstar ends as City close on work permit for USA striker
- 5 'Best team in the division' - Bristol boss hails City's stylish success
- 6 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-0 Bristol City win
- 7 LOAN WATCH: Success for Heise and recognition for Adshead
- 8 Iwan Roberts: Hugill showed he truly belongs at Norwich City
- 9 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-0 Championship cruise against Bristol City
- 10 'We are looking to win the next game' - Barnsley boss on Norwich FA Cup visit
They sit rooted at the bottom of the table, six points from saftey.
- Read the thoughts from the Canary nation above and below