‘After the Lord Mayor’s show’ - City supporters reflective after 1-0 loss to Sheffield United
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City’s defeat to Sheffield United has left many supporters with a sour, yet familiar, taste in the mouth.
Billy Sharp's close-range header in the first-half proved decisive as the Blades continued their march on the European qualification places.
City looked lethargic in the opening period, with United having a dominant spell prior to and just after their goal.
Daniel Farke changed formation in the second period, with the diamond system causing Chris Wilder's side greater problems in the second half.
Had it not have been for an outstanding triple save by England under-21 goalkeeper Dean Henderson, then City would've left Bramall Lane with a point.
You may also want to watch:
Ultimately, that is a microcosm of their season. City dominated possession and had more shots at goal, but lacked cutting edge in their efforts.
Despite the loss, the situation at the bottom of the Premier League table remains the same for Farke's men.
- 1 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Premier League-bound Canaries' 3-1 defeat against Bournemouth
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 3-1 Bournemouth defeat
- 4 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 5 Farke savours sweet Premier League promotion after rollercoaster ride
- 6 City players and fans celebrate promotion on social media
- 7 'Amazing' - Buendia hails City's special promotion achievement
- 8 Paddy Davitt verdict: I'll have a P please City
- 9 'A wonderful season' - Praise pours in for City from legends and pundits
- 10 Norwich City fans gather at Carrow Road to celebrate promotion
They sit rooted at the bottom of the table, six points from saftey.
- Read the thoughts from the Canary nation above and below