MATCHDAY RECAP: Cantwell stunner moves Norwich closer to promotion
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City are now seven wins away from an instant Premier League return after a hard-fought 2-1 win over Sheffield Wednesday - and you can recap all the action, analysis and reaction from our Canaries correspondents at Hillsborough.
Former City loanee Jordan Rhodes fired struggling Wednesday into an early lead after slotting home from close range as the Canaries failed to clear a free-kick.
An under-par first-half display saw Darren Moore's committed side pose tactical questions of City, who struggled to unpick a resolute defence for long periods. As the game wore on, the hosts tired, allowing Ollie Skipp to tee up Teemu Pukki who emphatically smashed home an equaliser.
The Finnish international's strike was his 50th goal in the Championship in just 75 matches.
The winner from Todd Cantwell may have been even better.
Emi Buendia's initial free-kick was tame but he won a crucial tackle as Wednesday looked to break. He found Cantwell with a cute pass before the Dereham-born midfielder sidestepped the defender and unleashed a beautifully curled effort into the top corner.
Norwich can now clinch promotion with seven wins from their remaining 10 games. As things stand, the earliest that can happen is against Watford on April 20.
- 1 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 2 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 3 PRESSER LIVE: City v Watford - Hanley, Pukki, Cantwell injury doubts
- 4 'I am really happy here' - City star Buendia not worried about speculation
- 5 'Good riddance' - Norwich fans react to European Super League plans
- 6 Six things you might have missed after City's promotion party
- 7 'I rate him. He's a fantastic player' - Farke open to Skipp return
- 8 'Big Six' join European Super League 24 hours after City's promotion
- 9 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 10 City players greeted by special messages from fan groups
You can recap the action with our Canaries correspondent Connor Southwell via the blog above.