Norwich City transfer rumours: Wednesday left-back linked with City switch
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Sheffield Wednesday left-back Morgan Fox has been linked with a move to Norwich City, once the transfer window reopens.
Fox looks set to depart Hillsborough upon the expiry of his contract at the end of the current season, with the Canaries named as a potential suitor for the Welsh full-back.
The 26-year-old has featured on 26 occasions for Garry Monk’s men this season, becoming an integral member of the Owls side in the Championship.
According to TeamTalk, a number of clubs are reportedly courting the defender, including City’s Premier League rivals Burnley and Bournemouth with Scottish giants Rangers also rumoured to be interested.
Fox began his career at Charlton Athletic prior to joining the Owls in 2017 after impressing at the Valley.
You may also want to watch:
Monk is reportedly eager to tie Fox down ahead of the upcoming season, but uncertainty reins at the club due to an ongoing investigation into the club’s financial situation.
Wednesday have found themselves the subject of intense financial investigation and were charged by the EFL earlier this season for breaching the rules after selling their ground to owner Delphon Chansiri.
- 1 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 2 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 3 PRESSER LIVE: City v Watford - Hanley, Pukki, Cantwell injury doubts
- 4 'I am really happy here' - City star Buendia not worried about speculation
- 5 'Good riddance' - Norwich fans react to European Super League plans
- 6 'Big Six' join European Super League 24 hours after City's promotion
- 7 Six things you might have missed after City's promotion party
- 8 'I rate him. He's a fantastic player' - Farke open to Skipp return
- 9 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 10 'A wonderful season' - Praise pours in for City from legends and pundits
Fox has been one of Wednesday’s standout performers this season, impressing from left-back despite being booed by Wednesday supporters in August as his name was announced in the starting XI.
His resilience has seen him change opinions in Yorkshire, becoming one of the most consistent performers for Wednesday this season.
VERDICT: An interesting link, but one which needs to taken with a pinch of salt given the sheer amount of clubs mentioned in the initial report.
With Fox’s contract coming to an end, his agent will be working overtime to ensure his client gets a move and it’s worth being sceptical given the numerous clubs the report mentions.
Additionally to that, Sam McCallum will join up with the Canaries when, or if, this season eventually concludes. That would leave the club with three left-sided defenders should Philip Heise return from his loan spell in Germany.
However, should Lewis be the subject of interest this summer and should City find themselves back in the Championship, Fox could provide a viable replacement given the finances involved.
City are set to lose a significant amount owed to the coronavirus pandemic, meaning their transfer strategy may shift. He’s also home-grown, which would be vital to fulfilling the EFL’s player registration regulations.