Sheringham knock Pedlars out of cup
Sheringham 4, Swaffham Town 2The Pedlars travelled north to the coast for the Norfolk Senior Cup third round tie with last year's finalists, Sheringham.
Sheringham 4, Swaffham Town 2
The Pedlars travelled north to the coast for the Norfolk Senior Cup third round tie with last year's finalists, Sheringham.
Playing and weather conditions were ideal with a strong breeze, not particularly favouring either side.
Swaffham got off to the best with Kyle Plumb unlucky with a volley in the first minute only secured by the keeper on the second attempt.
You may also want to watch:
The next Swaffham attack resulted from Andrew Hunter winning the ball in midfield, beating two players and putting Matthew Kenny in to round the keeper and knock into the empty net.
Sheringham rallied and kept their heads high. They equalised in the 8th minute following a series of defensive errors, not clearing the ball from their area having several opportunities.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Dowell stunner puts City on cusp of promotion
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' spirited 1-0 Championship win against Derby County
- 3 Premier League here we come for City chief Farke
- 4 Farke makes a pact with City squad
- 5 'Our only concern' - Farke reveals City's promotion roadmap
- 6 City boss too busy to worry about his contract at the moment
- 7 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 8 Farke on Canaries records, Rooney and respecting the Rams
- 9 Stiepermann opens up about health problems
- 10 Spud Thornhill: Early days, but can City break that promotion record?
The Swaffham counter saw chances by Stuart Seales, Richard Cornwall and David Greenwood either narrowly missing or squirmed away by the Sheringham keeper.
The Shannocks rocked Swaffham in the 24th minute with a free-kick which was headed and looped over Trevor Marshall into the back of the net.
Swaffham continued to apply pressure but several attacks and attempts on goal came to no avail.
The sides went in at half time with the home side 2-1 up.
The luck remained with Sheringham in the second half, playing their game and defending well.
The visitors could not find the back of the net despite having numerous opportunity.
They were rocked in the 69th minute when Sheringham's third came following a long clearance and a crossing shot to the far post beating Marshall.
Insult to injury when the fixture was put to bed with the home side netting their forth in the 80th minute.
Stuart Seales scored a late second for Swaffham in the 90th minute to try and make the score respectable but it was all too late. Congratulations to Sheringham, the Pedlars wish them the very best of luck for the next round.
In a reversal of the fixture the Swaffham Reserves beat Sheringham Reserves 5-3 in the league and the A-team lost 1-0 to Cockers in their league fixture.
The Pedlars are again at the coast this Saturday, this time the Essex coast for the long haul to FC Clacton (3pm kick off).
The Reserves have a home game Wednesday to UEA (7.30 pm k/o) and host Wymondham Town Reserves on Saturday (2.30pm k/o). The A-team are without a fixture next Saturday.