Sheringham knock Pedlars out of cup
Sheringham 4, Swaffham Town 2The Pedlars travelled north to the coast for the Norfolk Senior Cup third round tie with last year's finalists, Sheringham.
Sheringham 4, Swaffham Town 2
The Pedlars travelled north to the coast for the Norfolk Senior Cup third round tie with last year's finalists, Sheringham.
Playing and weather conditions were ideal with a strong breeze, not particularly favouring either side.
Swaffham got off to the best with Kyle Plumb unlucky with a volley in the first minute only secured by the keeper on the second attempt.
You may also want to watch:
The next Swaffham attack resulted from Andrew Hunter winning the ball in midfield, beating two players and putting Matthew Kenny in to round the keeper and knock into the empty net.
Sheringham rallied and kept their heads high. They equalised in the 8th minute following a series of defensive errors, not clearing the ball from their area having several opportunities.
- 1 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Bristol City - Pukki still out, Krul set to return
- 2 City confirm Dimitris Giannoulis deal
- 3 Buendia to Arsenal. Forget it, says City boss Farke
- 4 PROFILE: Raw determination and loan education helped City's incoming left-back emerge at PAOK
- 5 City legend details Webber conversation before sporting director appointment
- 6 Bullish Robins' boss pledges to mix it with Canaries
- 7 Spurs loanee Skipp is a centre-back's dream, according to City skipper
- 8 The Greek view on Norwich City new boy Dimitris Giannoulis
- 9 'Our own Heracles at left-back' - City fans delighted as Giannoulis completes loan move
- 10 Matt Howman: Do you want Norwich City to be in the Premier League
The Swaffham counter saw chances by Stuart Seales, Richard Cornwall and David Greenwood either narrowly missing or squirmed away by the Sheringham keeper.
The Shannocks rocked Swaffham in the 24th minute with a free-kick which was headed and looped over Trevor Marshall into the back of the net.
Swaffham continued to apply pressure but several attacks and attempts on goal came to no avail.
The sides went in at half time with the home side 2-1 up.
The luck remained with Sheringham in the second half, playing their game and defending well.
The visitors could not find the back of the net despite having numerous opportunity.
They were rocked in the 69th minute when Sheringham's third came following a long clearance and a crossing shot to the far post beating Marshall.
Insult to injury when the fixture was put to bed with the home side netting their forth in the 80th minute.
Stuart Seales scored a late second for Swaffham in the 90th minute to try and make the score respectable but it was all too late. Congratulations to Sheringham, the Pedlars wish them the very best of luck for the next round.
In a reversal of the fixture the Swaffham Reserves beat Sheringham Reserves 5-3 in the league and the A-team lost 1-0 to Cockers in their league fixture.
The Pedlars are again at the coast this Saturday, this time the Essex coast for the long haul to FC Clacton (3pm kick off).
The Reserves have a home game Wednesday to UEA (7.30 pm k/o) and host Wymondham Town Reserves on Saturday (2.30pm k/o). The A-team are without a fixture next Saturday.