Sibierski set to return to Wigan
Wigan boss Steve Bruce has confirmed he expects Antoine Sibierski to return to the JJB Stadium when his loan with Norwich City runs out.The 34-year-old Frenchman is eligible for three more matches for City before the end of his loan spell on January 18.
Wigan boss Steve Bruce has confirmed he expects Antoine Sibierski to return to the JJB Stadium when his loan with Norwich City runs out.
The 34-year-old Frenchman is eligible for three more matches for City before the end of his loan spell on January 18.
Reports this week that Sibierski had joined the Canaries on a free transfer proved unfounded, and manager Glenn Roeder has given no indication that he wishes to extend the loan.
Bruce said he was more than happy to have Sibierski back at Wigan.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “Sibi is due to come back and I've no problem about that happening.
“The loan has served its purpose as Sibi has got some games under his belt and would be available for our squad.
- 1 Norwich City star tipped to reject move to Tottenham
- 2 City midfielder returns to Norfolk after loan spell terminated
- 3 Bushiri completes Eupen loan
- 4 Placheta must kick on at City
- 5 Giannoulis in contention for Boro clash - as City secure work permit
- 6 Giannoulis deal proof City can navigate difficult transfer market
- 7 Cantwell explains why he wears different coloured boots and why City is in his DNA
- 8 Lambert and Ipswich in crisis: Do you care, City fans?
- 9 City striker seals Swindon loan move; Hugill injury boost
- 10 'That's my dream' - Giannoulis hopes his style will boost City's promotion hopes
“At the moment there hasn't been an approach from Norwich to take him for longer, so I assume he will come back to us.”
Bruce allowed Sibierski to join up with Roeder, his former Newcastle manager, on transfer deadline day in August.
Sibierski, who has been used exclusively as a striker by City, started his first senior match since November when he played against Charlton in Saturday's FA Cup third round tie.
He has played 15 times for City, scoring twice. The last match for which he will be available will be the Championship home game against Barnsley on January 17.
Sibierski's chances at the JJB Stadium were limited by the partnership between Amr Zaki and Emile Heskey, with extra competition set to arrive next week in the shape of Colombia striker Hugo Rodallega.