Position: Left-back/Left midfielder
Born: St Mirren (Jan 25, 1983)
Height: 5ft, 11in.
You may also want to watch:
Weight: 9st, 6lbs.
Date signed: Jan 31, 2007
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries set to make January bid for Aberdeen star
- 2 Why leaving Brighton was the ‘best decision’ of City midfielder’s career
- 3 TEAM NEWS: Normann and Cantwell fit for City's battle with Brighton
- 4 'They need to step up' - City legend wants more from summer signings
- 5 'They're fighting' - Brighton boss believes City will find first win soon
- 6 Iwan Roberts: Jet-setting Canaries have never had it so good!
- 7 Farke is sure 'baller' Gilmour will make his impact at City
- 8 Norwich City accept police invite to help tackle online racism
- 9 Ian Clarke: I'd absolutely love it if Norwich City can stick it to the critics
- 10 Should Gilmour start for City against Seagulls?
Signed from: St Mirren (�75,000)
Contract: June 2011
City debut: v Leeds H (Feb 3, 2007)
Former clubs: St Mirren, Motherwell (loan)
Season 2008/09 apps: 5 Goals: 0
Norwich City apps: 38 Goals: 3
Motherwell (loan, 08): 7 starts, plus 8 as sub, 2 goals
St Mirren (99-07): 158 starts, plus 20 as sub, 12 goals.
Total: 165 starts, plus 28 as sub, 14 goals.
Former Scotland under-21 international Simon Lappin joined Norwich City from St Mirren in the 2007 January transfer window. Able to operate on the left side of midfield, left back and also in a central midfield role, Simon became a key component of the Norwich team under Grant and his ability to deliver the ball accurately from set plays became a regular feature of City's play.
Although Simon featured in City's first three games under new boss Glenn Roeder, he was subsequently banished from the first team scene following City's 3-0 defeat at Plymouth in November 2007. In search of first team football, he took in a loan spell at Motherwell at the end of 2007-08 and eventually returned to the Norwich first team under Bryan Gunn for City's match at Birmingham in March 2009.