Position: Left-back/Left midfielder
Born: St Mirren (Jan 25, 1983)
Height: 5ft, 11in.
You may also want to watch:
Weight: 9st, 6lbs.
Date signed: Jan 31, 2007
- 1 Farke's dilemma with City prodigies
- 2 Police interviews and faulty planes - the inside track on Onel's Cuba bow
- 3 Robbie Savage: 'Never mind Stuart Webber, it's all down to me'
- 4 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 5 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 6 'We want to stop the party' - Cherries fired up for City clash
- 7 Dowell pledge from City boss
- 8 City confirm fans will not return to Carrow Road this season
- 9 'Auld Enemy' clash on the backburner for City captain
- 10 Lee Payne: Bruce has got it wrong over Norwich City and Premier League
Signed from: St Mirren (�75,000)
Contract: June 2011
City debut: v Leeds H (Feb 3, 2007)
Former clubs: St Mirren, Motherwell (loan)
Season 2008/09 apps: 5 Goals: 0
Norwich City apps: 38 Goals: 3
Motherwell (loan, 08): 7 starts, plus 8 as sub, 2 goals
St Mirren (99-07): 158 starts, plus 20 as sub, 12 goals.
Total: 165 starts, plus 28 as sub, 14 goals.
Former Scotland under-21 international Simon Lappin joined Norwich City from St Mirren in the 2007 January transfer window. Able to operate on the left side of midfield, left back and also in a central midfield role, Simon became a key component of the Norwich team under Grant and his ability to deliver the ball accurately from set plays became a regular feature of City's play.
Although Simon featured in City's first three games under new boss Glenn Roeder, he was subsequently banished from the first team scene following City's 3-0 defeat at Plymouth in November 2007. In search of first team football, he took in a loan spell at Motherwell at the end of 2007-08 and eventually returned to the Norwich first team under Bryan Gunn for City's match at Birmingham in March 2009.